More 2010 Shelby GT500 Convertible Spy Shots

MRaburn

Founder
Admin Dude
Nov 29, 1999
Auburn, AL
2010shelbygt500_main.jpg

After showing you the 2010 Mustang GT and the 2010 Mustang GT convertible, we are really excited to show you some shots of the 2010 Shelby GT500 prototype. The lastest prototypes of the updated Ford Mustang platform have been running around with heavy vinyl cladding, limiting the view until only recently, but this one that's been shot is only donning simple graphic tape. We are able to get a good view of the next dose of venom in the pony car lineup! It appears as though there are some touches to the grilles, headlight assembly, and what looks to be a series of new hood ducts to bring the cool air into the reputable GT500's supercharger. Take a good look and see what you think!

More 2010 Shelby GT500 Convertible Spy Shots

• Sponsors (?)

Liking the new Hood ducts. I hate the current gt500's. These seem more in line with the 03 cobra's hood, just 3 rows across and slightly indented.

Or at least, as far as I can tell from the pick..

Did anyone else notice the stripes, the the fender badges and the rear medallion were covered up? They were not covered up on the GT, at least the rear medallion was not. This is leading me to believe it's not going to be a GT500, but something else. While I know the GT500 now has more hp than the upcoming Camaro SS, I would not be surprised for a hp increase and thus an updated name. I mean the GT500 made 500 hp last gen, so could we actually be seeing a GT600?