more car problems never ends

noslow1986

Mar 25, 2006
oswego Il
why is it when ever everything good something happens. now when i drive like 3 grand fifth gear hold gas steady at 3 grand on the toll way. when a i try to go faster like more gas not down shifting, the rpms go up to 4500 then drop a little, but i dont have the clutch in. its almost like throttle body gets stuck or possible clutch. i do smell something burning when this happens. one night i got a little crazy and from a stop did a little burn out and haul ass down a road. i was a little harsh on the clutch buts its a ford racing clutch heavy duty. is there a way to adjust the clutch without taking it out. this only happens at high rpms what did i do

• Sponsors (?)

You smoked your clutch bro. That description you provided of the jumping rpms is indicative of a failing clutch. Its generally only noticeable in the higher gears...where the load needed to accelerate the car is the greatest.

Adjusting it may help...and because its only happening in 5th right now...you may be able to squeak by for a little while longer if you baby the hell out of it. But the sad truth is you need a new clutch. Once they get heated up real bad and glazed over (burnout) there's not all that much you can do.

adjust it if you can and baby it for a couple days and see if it gets any better.

its almost a year old i hardly drive it. sometimes it does it sometimes not. after all this happened i drove it to work 29 miles one way after work i drove it home started acting funny. well about ten mins from the house i stop and pulled the clutch pedal back towards me and put it down or push clutch in a couple of times. drove ten mins home and got on it took rpms up to 4 grand no problem did this a couple of times didnt have problem. i heard by pulling clutch pedal towards me and back in it kind of readjustes the clutch dont know if this is true or not but it was wroth a shot i just:shrug:

pulling up on the pedal is for the stock adjuster, you said you have the steeda double hook..maybe you have it on the wrong hook? do you barely have to push the pedal for it to disengage the clutch? sounds like you need to adjust your firewall adjuster, assuming you have one..there's probably tension on the cable which is slightly pushing on the clutch and prematurely wearing it out

~Mark~