More MM suspension goodies on the way!!!!

EPIK

Jul 3, 2004
LEFT COAST
So I finally ordered the rest of my suspension setup today. I ordered a torque arm, full length subframe connectors, & rear coilovers from Maximum Motorsports. I cant wait to get these on the car to see if the difference is noticeable. The car handles ok now, but its a bit unbalanced because of the difference between the H&R springs in the rear, & the coilovers in front. The rear coilovers should balance it out. The only other suspension thing I will get down the road is the k member & a arms.

I wouldve got the subframes a long time ago, but Ive always been kinda scared to let someone weld things to my car. But since Im hopefully gonna be investing in a KB pretty soon, I figured it was time for the subframes, plus you cant get a torque arm without them.

Next mods are gonna be a better clutch, axles, & gears & then its KB time. :D

• Sponsors (?)

I think the difference between the adding the T/A to your PHB setup is less than adding the PHB to the regular suspension goodies, but it should be great.

Told ya the front c/o setup would upset the rears :D Should be great now with the matching rear c/o. All you need now is the K and you're pretty much done.

LOL!!! Yeah your right, u did tell me that....

LOL!!! Yeah your right, u did tell me that....

Ya, the SS spring rate was too high. You should be set now with the matching rears.

I'm anxious to see your opinion of the difference between the PHB+T/A versus the PHB and no T/A. I'm still split between investing in one since it requires a lot of install time+$$. I'm not sure of the cost versus return, so I'll wait for your review.

Ya, the SS spring rate was too high. You should be set now with the matching rears.

I'm anxious to see your opinion of the difference between the PHB+T/A versus the PHB and no T/A. I'm still split between investing in one since it requires a lot of install time+$$. I'm not sure of the cost versus return, so I'll wait for your review.

Actually MM said that the SS rears are too soft. When it comes to coilovers, I guess 325lbs is pretty stiff. I think the rear spring rate is gonna be like 275lbs with the new coilovers. I will let u know the results soon as I can get them on.

Luckily I have a buddy thats a Stanger & he manages a Midas, so hes gonna work with me on the install. Hes even gonna reinforce my torque boxes & weld the axle tubes at the same time.

What suspension setup are you running btw?

Nice setup:D ...How did u like the subframes?

The subs are one of the first mods I did, along with a Bullitt suspension setup way back when. I did the LCAs at the same time too.

You'll notice them most when you go up an angled driveway. If you do it now, you'll notice the body twist when the front end goes on the angle, then twist again when the rear goes up. Once the SFCs are on, you won't notice that type of chassis bending.

I also had the C/O's (MM) at first, but for some reason the installer couldn't get rid of an aweful noise coming from the rear. We found out that the coil was rubbing the threaded spring perch, and had actually grinded off the lower threads. Numerous calls to MM didn't solve the problem. We ended up taking them off and installing the regular springs/struts and bils. IMO, the difference between the two was minimal, but that's a skewed opinion because at the time (with the CO's), I didn't have the PHB. I'm sure there's a difference, but not enough to justify the price difference for me.

I'm surprised you didn't do them long ago. They do make a difference, no matter what anyone says. People fail to realize that the only thing holding the two sections together is the floor (other than the body) and that's why there's so much twisting going on.

The subs are one of the first mods I did, along with a Bullitt suspension setup way back when. I did the LCAs at the same time too.

You'll notice them most when you go up an angled driveway. If you do it now, you'll notice the body twist when the front end goes on the angle, then twist again when the rear goes up. Once the SFCs are on, you won't notice that type of chassis bending.

I'm surprised you didn't do them long ago. They do make a difference, no matter what anyone says. People fail to realize that the only thing holding the two sections together is the floor (other than the body) and that's why there's so much twisting going on.

Does your car rattle more or less after the subframes? I shouldve did them long ago, but I just didnt trust any one to weld them on. Do they scrape when pulling into driveways like gas stations etc? Im gonna have to call MM to find out some info on that, because I definately dont want that type of problem. Im surprised they didnt fix the problem, because their customer service is excellent.

Does your car rattle more or less after the subframes? I shouldve did them long ago, but I just didnt trust any one to weld them on. Do they scrape when pulling into driveways like gas stations etc? Im gonna have to call MM to find out some info on that, because I definitely don't want that type of problem. Im surprised they didnt fix the problem, because their customer service is excellent.

Your rear swaybar is the lowest point, those sfcs shouldn't be a problem

Sounds like a damn good setup you'll be running there! Are you going to go with their tubular k-member in the future?

:OT: you gotta show me a couple of those photo op places, I'm bringing my GT home to Elk Grove in December once I get out of this country :nice:

Sounds like a damn good setup you'll be running there! Are you going to go with their tubular k-member in the future?

:OT: you gotta show me a couple of those photo op places, I'm bringing my GT home to Elk Grove in December once I get out of this country :nice:

I will be going with the K member & a arms eventually, but not 4 a while. I could definately show u the photo spots. just send me a PM & we can exchange #s....