More than likely getting a Borla side exhaust kit.

The Green GT

No 13 year olds are safe around me.
10 Year Member
Jan 8, 2006
Louisiana
I have an O/R H-Pipe and I found a used Borla side exhaust kit minus the tips for a good price.

How much of a power increase should I see over my straight pipes?

And I can get the pipe for the tips bent at a muffler shop, but does anyone know where I can get the part of the tip that you see? The ones with 2 ovals.

View attachment 438168

• Sponsors (?)

yea i would like to know where i could find those stock borla tips as well. i just lowered my car and so now i scrape my side exit tips on just about everything. i would like to purchase some tips so when i mess them up real bad i have some replacements i can put on.

Wow... sounds like a great deal! And not to rain on your parade, but I've heard that having side exhaust would reduce hp, not increase it because of the way the air has to almost reverse flow to exit the side tips.. But that's just what I've heard....

87_GT said:
i have the borla side exit with a o/r h-pipe and i love how it sounds. it is very quiet when just driving normally but when you start to get on it it just screams. i get tons of compliments on the exhaust.
Can you PLEASE post a clip for me to hear it?

The guy Im getting it from said he had an o/r x-pipe and that it was pretty loud.

Black Stampede said:
I would find someone in your area who has it and have a listen. Otherwise if you got it and hated it (prolly wouldnt) Im sure a muffler shop could rig up a different muffler of your choice for it.
There are like 3 5.0 GTs that I know of. And my pretty much stock car is the fastest. So the other ones are all stock except for cosmetics. There was an '03 GT I heard with Borlas w/ turndowns and it sounded great. But thats completely different.

And as for the drone, you think that is bad, try my straight pipes and have drone no matter where the tach is.

as far as the tips go i have seen some magna flow tips similar to the ones you are talking about. Go to the exhaust shop with a pic and get them to pick out something similar that fits and looks good.

Good luck