Moroso drag springs and Lakewood 50/50?

jerry beach

Founding Member
May 20, 2002
Ocala,FL
How is this going to ride on the street? I ordered this stuff yesterday, but my card got declined. Now I have a chance to think a bit more. Jegs says that both of these items are not for street use, but I am not worried about that. I want to know what my ride height will be like and if they will be rough like the lowering springs that are under there?

Also the right spring is supposed to be a stiffer than the left one. Is that going to make my car lean to the drivers side more that it does now? Anyone using these? They are Moroso Trick rear springs. Thanks for any personal experiences you can provide.

• Sponsors (?)

i think that they are going to ride ok. I have the 50s in right now and the springs ready to go. NEQX (or something close to that) just installed the springs and they ran great at the track, i sent this thread to him, hopefully he will reply and be able to help ya out. good luck, and keep me up to date.

hey, I got the moroso trick rear drag springs and stock shocks, ran a 1.787 60' on et streets, can do better...the spring were a lil high for about a week they seemed to settle now leaving a around stockish ride height in back, i am gonna install lakewood 50/50's tomorrow hopefully it will help alot...the springs work good though when i tap gas i can feel weight go quickly to back tires, for $100 I highly recommend them! my handling hasn't decreased yet :nice:

Jerry, your car leans more on the left rear than the right rear? never seen that, they always lean on the right rear, hence the stronger spring (and/or airbag) over there.
that is weird.
good luck on figuring it out and getting the car finally set up the way you want. you have 10 days till your track debut this season. :)

NeQX said:
hey, I got the moroso trick rear drag springs and stock shocks, ran a 1.787 60' on et streets, can do better...the spring were a lil high for about a week they seemed to settle now leaving a around stockish ride height in back, i am gonna install lakewood 50/50's tomorrow hopefully it will help alot...the springs work good though when i tap gas i can feel weight go quickly to back tires, for $100 I highly recommend them! my handling hasn't decreased yet :nice:

Any Idea how bad it squats at the track? I dont want to squat so bad that I cut my tires on the fender lips. Too chicken to roll them back. I am also considering a 28x10 goodyear or a 28x10.5 MT (same size). I currently have a 28x9 mt which is 8.6 inches at the tread. The coilover project is going to be too much dough!

I have a full set of trick springs sitting in my garage waiting to be put in. Would it be okay to cut a coil off of the rear springs to make the car sit lower. I'd like to have a little bit lower than stock stance. I know I have to cut the fronts but I have no idea how much. 2 coils? 3 maybe? Let me know what you guys did. Thanks

50mustang001 said:
I have a full set of trick springs sitting in my garage waiting to be put in. Would it be okay to cut a coil off of the rear springs to make the car sit lower. I'd like to have a little bit lower than stock stance. I know I have to cut the fronts but I have no idea how much. 2 coils? 3 maybe? Let me know what you guys did. Thanks

Be wary of cutting springs. A little goes a long way.

I have the Moroso trick rear coils. On the street, it is barely noticeable. However, with the slicks on they will squat. On regular tires you really can't tell the difference with normal driving.