Most Tedious 5.0 Improvement

Which is more time consuming?

• Total voters
I mount a pillar guage pod

I goto replace old Oil Pressure Sending Unit

Yes, the 93 goes straight into the block and is different.

Dry rotted POS breaks off in my hand

So I goto parts store and figure out that a 1 1/16 socket fixes this problem

Crawl under car and take out old sending unit

Autometer supplied unit too big

Goto hardware store for brass extension

Fixed oil pressure sending unit

So I get the guages working.

Then I crank her over.

No electric fan.

So I ripped out thermostat

Straight wired fan

Works great but engine doesn't like to shut off and alternator can't keep up

I need a torch, a hand grenade, and a bazooka to finish

Strype said:
I'm there dude

What's a dcc controller?

*google*
Bro www.dccontrol.com my fan comes on at 10% when ignition comes on (3-4 amps) and ramps up and down as required to keep temp where I have it set..in my case 187* Never goes over, never runs 100% fan speed for more than a minute at most...even at 100 degrees outside, most often the fans at near 50% max output and charging system is VERY happy. There is at no point a spike on the charging system..infact it charges as well as it did prior to the fan install.

I must have this... yes, yes I will have this by next week

DMAN302 said:
Worlds biggest pain the ass...installing upper and lower control arms by yourself in 90 degree heat.

i thought i was the only one stupid enough to do that, it was around 90* wiuth like 90% humidity. i started off with work pants and a t-shirt but by the end of it i was down to only shorts. it also doesn't help that i have a short temper, wrenchs were thrown.

Talk about short tempered...

I was changing a front spring alone a couple of months ago- got it all the way up and go to adjust the jacks...

The a-arm was pivoted so that it was DANGEROUSLY stuck with the spring fully compressed. One side too high and the other one way out

Took me till the next day to get the courage to fix it

I'm still here after that scary experience tho

and i pull up to his house, no lie........he has a saws all out, going to town on a comp eng. 90/10 drag strut cause he couldnt get the bolt off the top. now i got el cheapo struts...............im sure he had this all planned, knowing id eventually buy the car, he took the struts off so i couldnt hook and he can outrun me lol

LMAO- More than one way to skin a cat