Moving the Pitman Arm

• Sponsors (?)

I Think they make a part for the pitman arm on Power steering cars to clear the headers. Is that the Drop Braket your talking about ? I know manuel steering cars do not have this problem so just get rid of your powers Steering LOL .

Doc Voodoo said:
I Think they make a part for the pitman arm on Power steering cars to clear the headers. Is that the Drop Braket your talking about ? I know manuel steering cars do not have this problem so just get rid of your powers Steering LOL .

No the drop bracket moves the mounting point of cylinder lower so it will clear the header.

If it's too much work to restore the steering to its proper geometry (which was what I was giving instructions to do if you read it all), maybe we all need to hear some of the other repairs that can be done with a ball peen hammer rather than a shop manual. What did you think I was trying to do, make his car worse?

as far as i know it is orginal, along with factory power steering. blas, im in kentucky
I have my pitman arm for my V8 66 mustang in my hand right now It has 4 keyways in it i'm also running trY headers no problems with clearance
since your in Kentucky you can give The Mustang Store a call the man who runs it is extreme knowledgable on all early mustangs he is located in Louisville 502 964 2165