MSD Dizzy repair

Obsol3te

Jun 29, 2005
I've never attempted to repair a distributor before but my MSD pro-billet **** the bed on me. I'm not 100% sure what the part is called but I can get it at autozone for about $23. Here's thelink. The black piece in that picture is what split in half on my distributor. I'm guessing it's one of the magnetic pickups or something. I'd rather try and do the repair myself rather than buy a new dizzy for about $250. Currently using a stock one to move the car around

• Sponsors (?)

so whats the question?

Haha crap sorry. I wrote this at 4:00 something this morning. I wasn't all there. I need to replace what I showed in the link up top. I was curious as to how i'd do this. I removed the plastics on the distributor that the cap snaps to. And I removed a metal cup that was inside it as well. This left some small metal bracket and below it the pieces I need to replace. I wasn't sure how to remove the small bracket above it to replace the pick-up coil, and if someone can give me a step by step instructional that would be great! I really don't want to lay down $250 for a new msd dizzy if I don't have to.

So how do I go about doing this? I need to fix this asap, do I need to pull the gear at the bottom and the whole shaft slides out? How does this work...