• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

muffler hanger question

  • Thread starter Thread starter musicpunk7
  • Start date Start date Jun 5, 2004
M

musicpunk7

New Member
Mar 4, 2004
9
0
0
Jun 5, 2004
#1
  • Jun 5, 2004
  • #1
my friend just ordered the MAC direct fit catback system for his v6 and he was wondering if the kit on this site will work to hang his mufflers when he gets it installed. heres the link http://www.extremeeffect.com/38Exhaust.html its called MAC Universal Hanger Kit.
thanks guys
 

PonyJoe

New Member
Mar 14, 2004
68
0
0
Northern Virginia
Jun 6, 2004
#2
  • Jun 6, 2004
  • #2
Yes, and had I known about that earlier, I would've ordered one alongside my purchase of the kit. I had to go to my Ford dealer and order the passenger side muffler hanger, and both side exhaust tip hangers.

It says no cutting required, yet I had to cut my stock exhaust to get it over the rear axle (taking it off that is).

Make sure you get stuff like in this pic:
 

Attachments

  • pipes_hangers.webp
    13.3 KB · Views: 200

Lsredy2kstang

Look, I'm special, dammit
Nov 29, 1999
2,543
5
0
Woodstcock, Georgia
Jun 6, 2004
#3
  • Jun 6, 2004
  • #3
Don't know how much it is but I only paid 10 bucks from the stealer! I am sure that is where they are getting them and reselling to their customers.
 

ChrisYellowV6

New Member
Dec 25, 2003
362
0
0
Pensacola, FL
Jun 6, 2004
#4
  • Jun 6, 2004
  • #4
lol...no cutting required....no cutting of your new exhaust
Anyway, go down to any muffler shop, get yourself all the hangers you need for $5. Simple and cheap as that.

and you will honestly be amazed by the sound. If you are putting yours on an 02+, it will sound SIGNIFICANTlY different from that audio clip.

ok fine I know i probably spelled that wrong but im and so (but with the finger next to the index finger...no not the thumb....yeah now you got it!!!! lol)
 

marvinmycat

Founding Member
Feb 13, 2002
1,179
0
0
Buffalo, NY
Jun 7, 2004
#5
  • Jun 7, 2004
  • #5
My 98 already had the hanger that is attached to the floorpan. I don't know about the newer Mustangs tho. Crawl under the car and check it out. If that's the case, then just picking up the rubber muffler hanger at the dealer should run you $10-12. Do NOT use one of those muffler shop straps. They are cheap and break very easily. I know, I had one on and it lasted three months before it broke and I ended up just going to the dealer for a correct one!
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

A
Blow through intercooled questions
  • AngryH58
  • Aug 31, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
191
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 1, 2026
AngryH58
A
New Exhaust for 408w stroker
  • SadbutTrue
  • Sep 10, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
107
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Sep 10, 2026
nickyb
H
Ongoing Battle With Hydraulic Lifters
  • hailer06
  • Jun 8, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
451
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 9, 2026
Noobz347
M
Progress Thread mnky99 2001 V6 evap core, ac compressor, heater core replacement
  • mnky99
  • Sep 5, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
642
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 5, 2025
mnky99
M
Place to Avoid: Jamison Auto Group in Gulfport, MS
  • D Durden
  • Oct 20, 2025
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • 2 3
Replies
46
Views
3K
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jul 16, 2026
Noobz347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?