• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

muhaha My mod list is growing!

  • Thread starter Thread starter DeathMetal
  • Start date Start date May 17, 2006
D

DeathMetal

Member
Jun 3, 2004
3
2
13
Wisconsin
May 17, 2006
#1
  • May 17, 2006
  • #1
Just ordered an Accufab 75mm throttle body & plenum combo.

How hard is the install on this? Seems to me like it would be a pretty easy bolt on.
 

Stang|ess

seeking cyber partner(s)
Oct 18, 2003
941
0
37
Hawaii
May 17, 2006
#2
  • May 17, 2006
  • #2
Very straight foward. I used this with no problems
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=611953

Make sure you know how to adjust your TPS. I still havent adjusted mine, and I live with the high idle .
 
D

DeathMetal

Member
Jun 3, 2004
3
2
13
Wisconsin
May 17, 2006
#3
  • May 17, 2006
  • #3
Thanks for the link. And no I don't know how to adjust the TPS. Didn't even know what it was until now, heh.
 

04gtdrop

New Member
Jun 10, 2005
532
0
0
Sac, CA
May 17, 2006
#4
  • May 17, 2006
  • #4
its easy tp bolt it on!
 

GDawg

Founding Member
Mar 22, 2002
1,469
19
68
Nevada
May 17, 2006
#5
  • May 17, 2006
  • #5
The hardest part will be breaking loose the screws on the TPS.
 

speedfreak98r

Banned
Jan 31, 2006
0
0
0
Houston Area
May 17, 2006
#6
  • May 17, 2006
  • #6
GDawg said:
The hardest part will be breaking loose the screws on the TPS.
Click to expand...
+1
Have a dremel tool handy.
 

ab 281 gt

New Member
Aug 29, 2004
123
0
0
Irmo, SC
May 17, 2006
#7
  • May 17, 2006
  • #7
speedfreak98r said:
+1
Have a dremel tool handy.
Click to expand...

Or pray that it comes with a new one!!!
 
0

'03GTinFLA

Member
May 29, 2004
486
0
17
St. Petersburg, FL
May 17, 2006
#8
  • May 17, 2006
  • #8
Mine didn't come with a new TPS or new screws. I had the infamous high idle problem and drilled out the holes to help adjust it but it didn't really do anything. Then I bought a new one from FORD for like $50 and it didn't do anything, and I couldn't return it because it was an electrical item.
I solved my problem with the copper cap mod.
DeathMetal.....If I were you I would do a search on copper cap mod and TPS issues / high idle. Just so you have a head start if you run into problems.
Hope it goes smooth for you.
 

billfisher

Active Member
Jul 17, 2005
1,296
4
38
huntsville, AL
May 17, 2006
#9
  • May 17, 2006
  • #9
what about restricting your PCV or plug where it goes into the maf/inlet hose?

i had the same issue and i simply disconnected the whole pvc and plugged where it goes into the inlet hose. no more issues?
 
K

Kilgore Trout

Fried or Broiled ?
10 Year Member
Mar 30, 2005
4,749
95
134
May 17, 2006
#10
  • May 17, 2006
  • #10
billfisher said:
what about restricting your PCV or plug where it goes into the maf/inlet hose?

i had the same issue and i simply disconnected the whole pvc and plugged where it goes into the inlet hose. no more issues?
Click to expand...
Won't that cause excess pressure in the crankcase which will cause the piston rings to f'k up?
 

GDawg

Founding Member
Mar 22, 2002
1,469
19
68
Nevada
May 17, 2006
#11
  • May 17, 2006
  • #11
I used my dremel to cut a nice wide slot into the screws and then backed them out slowly with a flat head screwdriver. I think I had to use my vice grips too to help them get going. Real pain in the ass but be patient.
 

BennyBlown2v

New Member
Dec 9, 2004
1,233
1
0
Carmel, INdiana
May 17, 2006
#12
  • May 17, 2006
  • #12
I took had to take a propane torch to one of them - I swear ford puts a whole tube of thread lock on those things haha. The install is really easy, I didn't use any instructions.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

A
Blow through intercooled questions
  • AngryH58
  • Aug 31, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
195
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 1, 2026
AngryH58
A
S
CHANGING BRAKE PADS
  • Scwhitten
  • Jun 8, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
20
Views
655
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Jun 12, 2026
nickyb
Engine Hiccup at full throttle
  • keel
  • Jun 2, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2
Replies
31
Views
938
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 30, 2026
keel
H
turbo advice
  • hawkinsdrag
  • May 5, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
11
Views
558
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- May 9, 2025
hoopty5.0
F
Ford 460 swap
  • Ford460
  • Sep 13, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
293
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 14, 2026
Ford460
F
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?