Mustang car clubs and random thoughts..

saleenster

Founding Member
Aug 18, 2002
Vancouver, WA
Tonight I am surfing the local Stang car clubs which includes Mustang Northwest up north. Here's my thoughts...

Mustangs Northwest has not updated the "Round-Up" info since the 2004 show results...why? This is a club that is widely known as being the most prestiage club in the Region:shrug:

I checked out Mustangs unlimited...shoot, they still have cars/owners on their site from 4 yrs ago and some, probably more then I actually know, dont just belong to them anymore, heck they dont even own the cars that are pictured:shrug: Even further, I was stopped tonight by a member of their club which informed me they are still looking for a president, and if they dont locate one soon, the club will close:shrug:

Mt hood mustangs...When you first open their website, you get the great sound of V8 spinning off, but then, you see the picture on their front page and you have to shake your head, they have more trucks then modern day stangs:shrug:

This leads me to the Wranglers: By far the most involved club in the local area and surrounding communites. Their website is updated almost everytime I check it out. Dont have much to say other then I can certainly understand why cars in SW Washington are making the drive out there....but they are just a Ford product club

This has sparked my drive again to look at starting a New club in the local area which will target a much larger product of vehicles. With that, starting this wkend, I will begin working on the next big meet sometime in April or May depending on location, etc. If anybody has input on where they would like to see it, please feel free, as I have not really given it any thought. Last yr it was at All Ford Performance, which I was unable to attend, but I will be here this yr:nice:

Cory

• Sponsors (?)

duner said:
We haven't heard much from you for lately. It's good to see that you are stepping up and preparing another meet. After all, you are this forums social director. :nice:

Keith,

Yeah, alot has changed since the last time you and I chatted. New wheels I see, just means we should go play in the snow in the near future as I also bought a new rig. Perhaps we should grad Ed and go play:D

Its good to be back, :nice: tks for the comments

The only one I've had experience with is Mustangs Northwest...I sent them an e-mail asking about joining up two and a half weeks ago and I haven't heard anything back yet. They also don't have a general club meeting this month to go to and find someone to talk to about joining. So dunno what to do there...

I hope you get something good going, it's really boring right now.

C~Money,

So can you give us a little more detail into your thoughts regarding starting a new club and what types/brand of cars? I think it is a good idea.:nice:

As for a location this year, I still think AFP is your best choice. Just need to have a few people help with parking logistics.
AD

Speaking of very slow web updates....Jeff just posted pics from the last AFP/ Stangnet meet here:http://www.allfordperformance.com/pages/9/index.htm
And yes, parking was a NIGHTMARE. In the pic below you cant see half the cars. 65th st was FULL!
445_Picture_056.jpg

I definately think its a great idea Cory and am also interested. Keep us updated and I am sure some of us on here are willing to help if needed, after all, thats what a club is all about right?:nice:

This is my first Stang, and I've been looking around for mustang clubs as well with absolutely no luck. I've noticed tons in California & on the East coast, but none here in the Northwest.

So needless to say, I'd be very interested!

Glad to see I'm not the only one stuck in this boat.:D

ASD said:
C~Money,

So can you give us a little more detail into your thoughts regarding starting a new club and what types/brand of cars? I think it is a good idea.:nice:

As for a location this year, I still think AFP is your best choice. Just need to have a few people help with parking logistics.
AD

AD, Perhaps you and I should get together to chat. Maybe get Bill involved as well:nice:

03yellowvenom said:
Cory Keith and I will be there this year on the side lines , but you'll never get rid of us for good:nice: :)

Ed, being on the sidelines is cool. I have been there myself. I have heard some rumors about Keith getting back into the fox era, but it dont matter, bring yourself and thats more then enough:nice: