• Mustang Forums
  • 2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk

Mustang Convertible Car Wash

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mivi
  • Start date Start date Jun 15, 2015
M

Mivi

New Member
Jun 15, 2015
1
0
0
Jun 15, 2015
#1
  • Jun 15, 2015
  • #1
I just got a 2015 Mustang convertible and I'm wondering if it's ok to take it through a car wash. The big kind where your car is on a track and it goes through all the brushes and such. The dealership said it was fine, but I think they said whatever they thought I wanted to hear. Any helpful advice?
 

84Ttop

They make new pistons every day, so why worry?
5 Year Member
Jul 2, 2009
5,222
3,254
204
South Jersey
Jun 15, 2015
#2
  • Jun 15, 2015
  • #2
I always hand wash my cars, at least since I had one damaged at a car wash years ago. I simply don't trust them on any car
 
Reactions: Still Bill

Still Bill

Active Member
Oct 25, 2014
92
17
28
Washington State.
Jun 15, 2015
#3
  • Jun 15, 2015
  • #3
84Ttop said:
I always hand wash my cars, at least since I had one damaged at a car wash years ago. I simply don't trust them on any car
Click to expand...

Yes, this.
 
Reactions: 84Ttop
S

Stan McKinney

Member
Jun 3, 2015
78
4
18
Jun 15, 2015
#4
  • Jun 15, 2015
  • #4
I have a 1966 convertible. I recommend hand wash.
 
P

pile_53574

Member
May 1, 2005
30
4
19
SW WI
Jun 17, 2015
#5
  • Jun 17, 2015
  • #5
Mivi said:
I just got a 2015 Mustang convertible and I'm wondering if it's ok to take it through a car wash. The big kind where your car is on a track and it goes through all the brushes and such. The dealership said it was fine, but I think they said whatever they thought I wanted to hear. Any helpful advice?
Click to expand...
HAND WASH ONLY!!!
 
M

madweazl

Founding Member
May 30, 2001
203
16
18
Woodbridge VA
Jun 19, 2015
#6
  • Jun 19, 2015
  • #6
Mivi said:
I just got a 2015 Mustang convertible and I'm wondering if it's ok to take it through a car wash. The big kind where your car is on a track and it goes through all the brushes and such. The dealership said it was fine, but I think they said whatever they thought I wanted to hear. Any helpful advice?
Click to expand...

It will seal up fine. They can be rough on paint for sure though.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

J
Car Diagnosis
  • j.2016
  • Aug 31, 2025
  • 2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk
Replies
3
Views
405
2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk Aug 31, 2025
Noobz347
O
Help
  • OnisimusD
  • Oct 13, 2025
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
16
Views
494
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Oct 14, 2025
OnisimusD
O
T
What's it Worth? 2002 GT conv/auto
  • tonydetesta
  • Jan 7, 2026
  • What is it Worth?!?!?
Replies
3
Views
746
What is it Worth?!?!? Jan 21, 2026
Mustang5L5
S
Speedometer Calibration
  • Sonny Bibb
  • Sep 11, 2026
  • Digital Self-tuning Forum
Replies
4
Views
155
Digital Self-tuning Forum Sep 13, 2026
Sonny Bibb
S
G
Fox Tire Size for 16" Pony Wheels on 1984 LX Convertible
  • gw7
  • Jun 24, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
181
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 25, 2026
Qtrhrse23
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?