mustang fuel cooler

• Sponsors (?)

yeah, but think about it, fuel cooler mounting front air dam ,cold fuel sprey in the intake manifold mix with incoming air and another one for return line cools fuel to tank so no vapor lock and no fuel pump malifuction couses by hot temp becouse when pump overheat the pump reduce its effeicincy so think about it

It is true that a cooler air/fuel charge is better for performance, but the temperature drop of the fuel using the fuel cooler will be minimal. Also, a stock or midly modified engine is no where near efficient enough for such minimal temperature differences to provide a noticable affect on performance. As for fuel pump life, the fuel itself is cool enough to remove heat from the pump.

I think it would work well. My friend races circle track and does real well at it (champ of 06) and he wanted to install something like that but tech wouldn't let him. So instead he ran all his gas line through some line insulation (like a tinfoil fiber) and he swears it helped and he can notice a difference. He even went as far as taking temps of fuel in the carb bowl before and after doing this and it did cool the fuel but I can't remember how many deg but I would think if that's all he did a actuall cooler would work even better.

Carb cars can benefit from cooler fuel, because it won't vapor lock. Fuel injected Mustangs run a pressurized fuel system (30-50 PSI) that makes vapor lock almost impossible. The pressure rasies the boiling point of the fuel up so high that it won't boil unless you place the fuel line right next to the hot exhaust.

Carb cars can benefit from cooler fuel, because it won't vapor lock. Fuel injected Mustangs run a pressurized fuel system (30-50 PSI) that makes vapor lock almost impossible. The pressure rasies the boiling point of the fuel up so high that it won't boil unless you place the fuel line right next to the hot exhaust.

My fuel lines very close to my passenger side header…so I don't think it's going to happen regardless. The fuel runs so quickly through the lines that your likely not going to pick up a lot of heat anyways. With a return style fuel system….a cooler is even less beneficial as the excess fuel gets cooled by the tank anyways. The only place for a cooler is in race applications where you have a very high volume fuel pump which runs 100% all the time…and your at WOT all the time. Those pumps can kick out some serious heat…enough to shut down without some type of regulation (be it a voltage regulator or cooler).

If it were me I'd use the money elsewhere…as your going to be sorely let down.

If you are so inclined to put a fuel cooler on your car go ahead. No one here is going to stop you. It's up to you to decide where you want to spend money, if you want to spend money on something that will have a minimal affect on your performance then you can do so. There are many people that put racing accessories on their cars even though it will provide not direct benefit on a street car. I mean look at all the FWD ricers out there with rear spoilers.

I have all ready install in my car and i have + result from it,but i want to see if any body have experince with it

check this site http://www.superstang.com/fuelcooler.htm

All that website does is confirm what we had already told you. It's not needed until you get into some serious flowing fuel pumps…and even then voltage regulators can work just as well if not better. You should have put the money and effort into something more useful….like perhaps an oil cooler. But hey, it's your dollar.