Mustang II Door sagging Question???

I have seen a lot of MII's (And most other old cars) with this same issue... Doors sagging so much that either they will not close right or sometimes not close at all.

Has anyone work with this on their car? Any suggestions on how to resolve it? I don't know if I need new hinges or if I can just get spacers or something to fix mine?

You can see what I am talking about in this image:
IMG_6707.jpg

This door is so bad that I have to lift up on the door to get it to even close this much!

I sure hope someone can help! :bang:

Chad

• Sponsors (?)

Do yourself a favor and fix it right by getting the hinges re-bushed. You will kick yourself later if you don't. The doors are heavey and can be a MAJOR pain to get adjusted right. You don't want to did it more than once.

Tim

cobraii351 said:
Do your elf a favor and fix it right by getting the hinges re-bushed. You will kick yourself later if you don't. The doors are heavey and can be a MAJOR pain to get adjusted right. You don't want to did it more than once.

Tim

i want an ELF

Eos said:
My door does that on the driver side... and then its rattly and annoying when I drive it.

Check the strikers, they are supposed to have a plastic sleeve on them where the latch closes around it. With the plastic gone, the door moves around on the striker, whereas with the sleeve on there, it takes up the slack. New strikers can still be bought from Ford dealers. I have a box of sleeves, but have never been able to get the early strikers like ours to come apart without damaging the threads where they go through the washer.

A lot of times, I use S-10 pins and bushings. They are a real tight fit, and are available in a serrated version for holes that are worn oversize.

Ford tends to be iffy from one car to the next about which ones they offer pins and bushings for.

That's a nice looking car! I've always liked the red/blk Mach with slots.