Mustang Mag NOT from Primedia

mransr

Founding Member
Nov 3, 2000
Riverside, SoCal
I still like to check out mags once a month (for the adds if nothing else) but I'm SICK of the "same-old-same-old" from MM&FF and 5.0...heck if you tore the covers off you could hardly tell one from the other...

so at Borders the other day I pick up one I hadn't seen before "Modified Mustangs"...it looked different so I picked it up...as I browsed through the pages things started to look strangely familiar...so I check the publisher and sure enough: Primedia

anyway to make a long story shorter...is there a Mustang mag out there that's not a Primedia "formula" magazine???

I used to buy MM&FF but, yeah... honestly lately it has been almost nothing but the 3v's and really... that doesn't interest me cause I don't have one... I just skim through and I think the last one I bought was when they were doing a full exhaust dyno and a s/c dyno on the redheaded step child project... and before then... I don't even know...

Yeah it's always lacked 4.6 2V articles that were any good, seems to be mainly 5.0 and 3V for the longest time now. I guess us 2V guys just got the short end of the stick on the magazine coverage. Oh well I would rather read on this and many other Mustang Forums to get real world unbiased reviews on products.

You have it good compared to us N/A 4v guys!!!!

Don't get me wrong, I love 94-04 Mustangs but they are old news. They were never as big as the 5.0s and not as popular as the sn197s. It sux but thats where the $$ is.

When the mod motors were new, every rag ran article after article on the 4.6 cars. Now they aren't new. And many people with enough money/credit to buy a new car have enough money/credit to spend on parts/crap for their new car. And to be fair, there isn't a whole lot to cover that hasn't been beaten to death on the 2V engines.

it's not so much the lack of 94-04 coverage that's bugging me (although that does sorta suck)...it's the "sameness" of all the car mags...same style pics, same style writing, same style how-to's...it's like they just churn out a bunch of stuff and put it in whatever mag needs to fill up some pages :-/

heck even Hot Rod magazine is run by Primedia now

I never never buy car magazines. I have a couple friends have gave me. I get one called street thunder lol. That's only because they send them to me for free.

There is such a wealth of information on the internet. I just can't justify the cost.

I do enjoy them in the crapper. But still not worth it.