Dan P. said:
Mike, do I sense a little aggression towards someone? :jester:

Heres a few Myth pics

attachment.php

attachment.php
:worship: :worship: :worship: :drool:

• Sponsors (?)

Anlushac11 said:
I dont remember the exact context of the argument but when I told someone about my 140mph speedo a guy called me a liar and said Ford never making such a thing. My argument was according to an article in Ford High Performance magazine back around '84-'85 that instead of designing a speedo from scratch Ford took the 140mph speedo from the Police package parts bins and relabelled them and shipped them out as Ford Motorsport parts. When I described this the guy told me I was full of crap. He also said the 140 mph Ford Motorsports speedos didnt say Ford Motorsports on the front

I sitting here as we speak holding my 140mph speedo in my grubby little paws. The P/N is: E5ZM-17265-A.

And it says right below the trip odometer Ford Motorsport.

I bought the speedo originally to go into my 79 Capri with the 302 but never put it in. I bought it back around 1986 and back then it cost me about $145

'86 Motorsports Catalog

-pt#M-17255-A 0-140mph or 0-230kph speedo to fit 79-82 Capri/stang
-pt#M-17255-B same as above to fit 83-86
-pt#M-17255-D same as above to fit 85-86 T-bird/Cougar
........none of the pics appear to have the "Motorsports" label.

HD

svobud said:
It's actually owned by one of the Board of Directors for the SVOCA... and he's never been on TF.

Yeah...I saw the pics he posted...why is it never actually installed on an engine in any pics? Has he considered getting a company to "copy" it? 285hp at 10psi would be bad ass...

Stinger

Stinger said:
Yeah...I saw the pics he posted...why is it never actually installed on an engine in any pics? Has he considered getting a company to "copy" it? 285hp at 10psi would be bad ass...
Stinger
The SVOCA board member that owns it is Lee Clary. Here are some pics of Lee's head I found on some guy's website :
dohccombchamber.jpg

dohcfront.jpg

dohcexhaust.jpg

dohcexhapart.jpg

dohcintake.jpg

dohcintakeapart.jpg

dohcfrontcorner.jpg

I also found another guy who modified a 16v dohc volvo head. He even rearranged the VOLVO emblem and stuck an "S" on there in a poor attempt to recreate that '87 protype valve cover.
Pics posted here

(&) said:
You're talking about prototypes here. 3 were made. It might as well have not existed, because it is NOT an option. Therefore, the 16v head is a myth. I just had a guy the other day tell me I could put a 16v head on the SVO. I was like, um, ok, whatever.

www.merkurencyclopedia.com
(I can't get the full link to work but this well get you started, the rest is : /Motor/4valve_cylinder_head.html )

Tis link talks about this.

The cool thing was Jack Roush was called in to help do them and he has one still, but I'm sure its not for sell. :nice:

Ford decided to drop them and I guess focus on the 5.0L instead, also this may be where Jacks Roush, pretty much gets envloved in making his Roush Mustangs, but not sure.

93ConvertibleLX said:
The SVOCA board member that owns it is Lee Clary. Here are some pics of Lee's head I found on some guy's website :
dohccombchamber.jpg

It's kinda funny to think, that head coulda changed a lot. I mean the little import craze we see now is cause all these people bought decently quick little honda's that got great gas mileage. Who woulda wanted a import 4cyl when such an amazing ford DOHC completely outclasses it.

True, fords thinking...Who would want a 4 cyl american muscle car? Big means fast, and since a v8 is big, and sounds big, it is the only thing worth focusing on for the Mustang. Of course they paid for that mistake when honduh and every other company sold zillions of 4 bangers that were/are eating the esscort, tempo, focus (not so much any more) alive....oh well atleast some people understand a muscle car is more than just a v8. :flag: