Mustang not starting

I drive a 2015 Mustang V6 with an automatic transmission; however, the push-button start system requires the clutch pedal to be depressed to function. My car has stopped detecting that the clutch is pressed; whenever I get in, depress the clutch, and press the start button, the dashboard displays the message: "Please press clutch to start." Ford installed a new brake safety switch for me months ago (the switch behind the pedal that activates when pressed), but I keep getting the same dashboard message. I checked relay #80 and replaced it with a similar one, and I checked fuse #30 (for the solenoid), which is fine. I lifted the car and found that when the start button is pressed, no current reaches the solenoid's positive terminal, although the starter motor itself has power at the thick terminal. I installed a new starter motor anyway, but it seems power isn't being sent to the solenoid; the start button light just flashes green whenever I press it to start the car. Any other ideas on what the problem might be? The battery is brand new (one month old); I had it tested at an auto parts store, and it's fine, reading 12.6V.
 

Attachments

  • 20260912_225945.webp
    20260912_225945.webp
    170.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Like
Reactions: Potomus Pete
Here is an update on the issue where my Mustang wouldn't start: I had swapped relay 81 (the windshield wiper relay) with relay 80, but the car still wouldn't start, so I assumed relay 81 was fine and put them back in their original positions. After checking every possible fuse, since no power was reaching the solenoid, I removed and replaced the starter motor because the pinion gear was slightly misaligned; however, even after installing the new starter, it still wouldn't start. Finally, I swapped the relays again, and the car started. The conclusion was that both the relay and the starter motor were faulty. I also tested whether the windshield wipers would work with that relay in the number 81 slot, and they didn't. I’ve decided to buy a relay tester for future use. Thanks to everyone who offered comments; they were very helpful. It was a learning experience for all of us, thanks.