MUSTANG V6 BATTERY DISCONNECT TO RESTART COMPUTER FOR NEW DUALS

02v6auto

Jul 19, 2007
I disconnected my battery after I got my duals installed so my computer would know that there were duals installed rather then the single stock exhaust. I noticed before I disconnected to restart the computer that the exhaust sounded deeper and more bassy.

So now after I restarted the computer the exhaust doesnt sound as bassy or deep and it takes more throttle pushing to hear it. The only upside is that I notice the sound more when it idles.

Anyone have any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

323927005_c8d173c97a.jpg

:rlaugh: :D

I disconnected my battery after I got my duals installed so my computer would know that there were duals installed rather then the single stock exhaust. I noticed before I disconnected to restart the computer that the exhaust sounded deeper and more bassy.

So now after I restarted the computer the exhaust doesnt sound as bassy or deep and it takes more throttle pushing to hear it. The only upside is that I notice the sound more when it idles.

Anyone have any ideas?

The computer is not that smart. It wouldn't know if you had 1 exhaust or 5 exhaust pipes. Hell it doesn't even know what an exhaust pipe is. All converting to duals did is releive backpressure and lessen the restriction. It wouldn't affect anything major tuningwise.

When you reset the computer, you put it back into a type of learning mode where it will start with a preset fuel strategy and then adjust it based on input from the sensors. Usually, this mode is slightly rich. It's similar to the "cold rich" startup that a car usually starts up in before the engine warms up. You can usually tell the difference as the exhaust tends to sound deeper when the engine is cold.

Nothing you can really do about it.

Stop overanalyizing your exhaust note. The tone will change over time as it "breaks in" if you used chambered mufflers.