MustangSteve conversion kit

Cobain03

Aug 27, 2003
Lexington, Ky
im interested in the cobra/08 gt disc kit for my 65 but kinda leary. after i buy the kit from him (which is basically the steel adapter piece, and the bolts) what else do i need to buy?

front calipers (2)
front rotors (2)
pads

what else? im going to be running factory 03/04 mach 1 wheels. currently have power drum setup.

is there a write up somewhere?

• Sponsors (?)

you'll need new flex lines as well as adapters. I lucked out with my replacement as my entire brake system was removed so I started from scratch. It's really not that hard to do and all parts are easily purchased at a local auto store. That's really about it though. It's a straightforward swap.

Oh and like I was saying you'll need adapters to adapt the hard lines to the flex lines.

im interested in the cobra/08 gt disc kit for my 65 but kinda leary. after i buy the kit from him (which is basically the steel adapter piece, and the bolts) what else do i need to buy?

front calipers (2)
front rotors (2)
pads

what else? im going to be running factory 03/04 mach 1 wheels. currently have power drum setup.

is there a write up somewhere?

There's a list of parts you need on the Mustang Steve site.

The front conversion kit I bought from MustangSteve had the calipers/lines/pads/rotors/adapter plate and hardware.

I hade to buy an adapter to go from inverted flare to the 08 flex lines.

Pretty simple set-up.

Jim

The front conversion kit I bought from MustangSteve had the calipers/lines/pads/rotors/adapter plate and hardware.

I hade to buy an adapter to go from inverted flare to the 08 flex lines.

Pretty simple set-up.

Jim

I know when Steve first came out with the kits he was selling them with the rotors and calipers but I think he stopped doing that. I would send him an email or send him an ebay message. Here's a listing of all his parts for sale on Ebay.

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/merchant/mustangsteve66