MustangTuning.com's HID kit--thoughts?

• Sponsors (?)

The kit is legit. Contact the headlight company to see if they'll withstand them. I believe your headlights are glass lenses. So I'd say you're good to go. Either way, buy the kit cause I want to, but unfortunetly, my money has to go to cobra brakes and a D1SC.

Jeremy

From my knowledge, it takes a jolt to light them up, but once they are lit, the ballasts use less power to keep the bulbs burning. On out S2000, the lights don't really get that hot. I don't see why these would be an issue in a Stang light housing. My stock Cobra bulbs create way more heat than my S2000 headlights.

I would however look into other kits as well. The different illumination numbers equate to differnt color light.

This site is good for some more info.

www.xenonpros.com/mc8000k.html

For a bit more money, you can get a much better kit.

Its on my list of things to do.

The only problem I see is that they do not include the projector with the cutoff that all BMWs, Mercedes, Etc. have to prevent oncoming traffic from being blinded. You could retrofit the lens from one of those cars onto the mustang housing,

that's what i'm talking about, ES, they don't include the cutoff--that's why i said i don't think a stock housing will make for a "correct" installation.

shane: thanks for that site! i'm not a fan of colored lights (like the 8000K kit mustangtuning is offering) so i would want like a 5000K, which that site you mentioned offers. probably gonna go w/ that.