My 5.0 Bird needs help!

Hey Guys - The Stang is running great, especially with the X-pipe :hail2:

However my 5.0 Bird is having some issues.

I changed the PCV valve and there was oil all over it. :damnit: What does this mean?
There was also some oil in the intake? Possibly through the breather tube?
My CEL comes on quite often when I get above 1800 rpms. I have tried cleaning the MAF but that didnt really help. :damnit: :fuss: It seems to be based on throttle positioning though because in OD i can tip into the gas and it will come on and if i let off it will go off. :bang: Possibly a TPS or IAC? What do you guys think?

Thanks guys, I appreciate all your input.

• Sponsors (?)

Well, what are the codes for?

blow by can cause a bit of oil in the PCV.
Provide more info. :)
good luck.

HISSIN50 said:
Well, what are the codes for?

blow by can cause a bit of oil in the PCV.
Provide more info. :)
good luck.

The last time I had the codes pulled at the autoparts store that I go to, the main mustang guy told me they were oxygen sensor codes for the number 3 oxygen sensor. Well that was a while ago and it has since been having the CEL and i have started trying to clean things up to get the CEL light off but it won't stay off. :fuss: I changed both oxygen sensors in the exhaust pipes, however there isn't a third on to my knowledge, unless it is the MAF.

What can I do about the oil being in my PCV?

you only have two O2's right (OBD-I car)?

So how did that guy get the code he did? I would rerun the codes. you can use a paperclip.

One can run an air/oil separator to help contain the oil in the PCV system.

good luck.

HISSIN50 said:
you only have two O2's right (OBD-I car)?

So how did that guy get the code he did? I would rerun the codes. you can use a paperclip.

One can run an air/oil separator to help contain the oil in the PCV system.

good luck.

Yes, its ODB-I...

The auto parts store has a little thing they hook up to the diagnostic port.

Air/oil separator huh...well I will have to try that. Thanks for the help. Anyone else, please feel free to comment.