• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

My 89 progress as of 11/06

  • Thread starter Thread starter GSP393
  • Start date Start date Nov 26, 2006
  • 1
  • 2
Next
1 of 2 Next Last

GSP393

New Member
Aug 14, 2006
217
0
0
Orange County, Texas
Nov 26, 2006
#1
  • Nov 26, 2006
  • #1
Still lots to go before I have the exterior like I want it, but here's what it looks like so far.



 

ryan218

In just 10 years, I'll be old enough to drive!!!!
Dec 28, 2005
0
1
38
columbus ohio
Nov 26, 2006
#2
  • Nov 26, 2006
  • #2
i dont really like the head lights man. get some new stock oem one's.
 

GSP393

New Member
Aug 14, 2006
217
0
0
Orange County, Texas
Nov 26, 2006
#3
  • Nov 26, 2006
  • #3
nah, I'm tired of the stock lights, plus I'm about to ditch the stock foglights.
 

DMAN302

My mom says thanks for the pearl necklace.
Nov 8, 2003
2,120
2
59
windsor, Canada
Nov 26, 2006
#4
  • Nov 26, 2006
  • #4
lights are not my thing at all....car is screaming for white wheels.
 

Snikt89GT

New Member
Sep 6, 2006
264
1
0
Deland, Florida
Nov 26, 2006
#5
  • Nov 26, 2006
  • #5
The head lights looks stupid. I would think rice just looking at that car
 
I

iwashmycar

20+ Year Stangneter
Apr 7, 2004
1,236
1
39
Columbus, Ohio
Nov 26, 2006
#6
  • Nov 26, 2006
  • #6
agreed on the lights, but the rest is lookin nice
 

GSP393

New Member
Aug 14, 2006
217
0
0
Orange County, Texas
Nov 26, 2006
#7
  • Nov 26, 2006
  • #7
I just thought I'd try the lights out to see if I liked them, if I ever change them, I will go back with more projector lights.
As far as rice, I got in trouble on here for calling mega-sized retard wheels rice and was informed it was'nt rice, but bling instead.
 

90

Active Member
Sep 24, 2006
0
1
43
Michigan insane asylum
Nov 26, 2006
#8
  • Nov 26, 2006
  • #8
if you decide you dont like the lights... ill take them, i happend to like that style, slap me in the face and call me susie.. im digging those boys... Nice ride by the way!
 

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
43,330
18,058
224
Massachusetts
Nov 26, 2006
#9
  • Nov 26, 2006
  • #9
I like the headlights. They are different.

The horizontal tape stripe looks out of place though. I think the car would look better with the tap removed and the vertical stripes made solid through that area of the molding.

Some nice 17" wheels would finish it off nicely
 

GSP393

New Member
Aug 14, 2006
217
0
0
Orange County, Texas
Nov 26, 2006
#10
  • Nov 26, 2006
  • #10
90mustang_GT5.0 said:
if you decide you dont like the lights... ill take them, i happend to like that style, slap me in the face and call me susie.. im digging those boys... Nice ride by the way!
Click to expand...


I'm glad atleast another person besides me likes the lights. Most new Fords have those style lights and they look killer when they're on at night.
 

GSP393

New Member
Aug 14, 2006
217
0
0
Orange County, Texas
Nov 26, 2006
#11
  • Nov 26, 2006
  • #11
I'm planning on 17" chrome bullets when I do my 5 lug swap.
 

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
43,330
18,058
224
Massachusetts
Nov 26, 2006
#12
  • Nov 26, 2006
  • #12
GSP393 said:
I'm glad atleast another person besides me likes the lights. Most new Fords have those style lights and they look killer when they're on at night.
Click to expand...

You are right. The new F150 and explorer has basically the same lights.
 

90

Active Member
Sep 24, 2006
0
1
43
Michigan insane asylum
Nov 26, 2006
#13
  • Nov 26, 2006
  • #13
i like them cuz there not that euro... its hard to find a real nice set of headlights that dont scream import.. and even tho they look it.. id say there on the boarder/ leaning towards good enough for my car!
 

Roland69

Sergeant Tangnet
Sep 17, 2005
2,867
3
58
Port Elgin, Ontario
Nov 26, 2006
#14
  • Nov 26, 2006
  • #14
The LX tails look at home on that.
 
I

iwashmycar

20+ Year Stangneter
Apr 7, 2004
1,236
1
39
Columbus, Ohio
Nov 26, 2006
#15
  • Nov 26, 2006
  • #15
its not that the lights themselves are rice or stupid.....its just they looks awkward (IMO) because they are black on the white car. If they were the chrome ones they'd probably fit right in.....especially with some chrome bullit wheels

its just a lot of contrast, though some would even say that the chrome is rice because they are "euro" or something..
 

Aaron

20+ Year Stangneter
Dec 5, 2003
95
40
38
Buffalo, NY
Nov 26, 2006
#16
  • Nov 26, 2006
  • #16
Your car is looking good! I agree with most on the lights...I'm not fond of them. However, the rest of the car looks pretty good.
One word of advice - Keep the fog lights. GT's just don't look right with the lights missing, and aftermarket lights don't work either.
 

GSP393

New Member
Aug 14, 2006
217
0
0
Orange County, Texas
Nov 26, 2006
#17
  • Nov 26, 2006
  • #17
Here's how part of my old stripes looked, It was just too bare without the horizontal stripe.



It's imposible to have a car where everyone agrees on how it should look, I just did it to suit myself, after all, I'm not spending anybody elses money on it.
 

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
43,330
18,058
224
Massachusetts
Nov 26, 2006
#18
  • Nov 26, 2006
  • #18
GSP393 said:
It's imposible to have a car where everyone agrees on how it should look, I just did it to suit myself, after all, I'm not spending anybody elses money on it.
Click to expand...

 

FrankenStang

Now, give me a damn CT!
15 Year Member
Apr 16, 2005
4,461
70
129
Florence, Az
Nov 26, 2006
#19
  • Nov 26, 2006
  • #19
I like the headlights, just not on that car. You need the clear ones. The lights you have would look better on a darker car. Just my opinion, to each his own.
 
B

Boss 351

Here sthhhhhhhheeeve take a picthh of my man flowe
Jul 13, 2003
2,433
23
48
Canada
Nov 27, 2006
#20
  • Nov 27, 2006
  • #20
I like the head lights Not a fan of stripes that that seem to wrap the entire car... I'd stop the stripes at the hood, not put any on the roof and stop them at the trunk lid... no stripes on the bumpers. That's just me though.
 
  • 1
  • 2
Next
1 of 2 Next Last
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

M
Idle control problems
  • miser143
  • Aug 28, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
145
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 29, 2026
DadLife0724
Fox Rear Seat Belts - 87-89 vs 90-93 length
  • dan50
  • Aug 3, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
191
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 18, 2026
Mustang5L5
C
Help with manual conversion
  • CPH89LX
  • Aug 23, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
20
Views
460
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 27, 2026
2000xp8
Brake pad and rotor upgrade
  • Sparky714
  • Aug 7, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
16
Views
486
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 17, 2026
Sparky714
C
C4 trans help needed
  • CPH89LX
  • Apr 26, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
292
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Apr 28, 2026
CPH89LX
C
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?