Paint and Body My car is finally home

• Thread starter Deleted member 215073
  • Start date
So besides the BBB, checking with people at local car shows, and touring the shop to see work in progress (or cars just sitting there with 10” of dust), how do you accurately screen a shop? See how they handle a small job or two first?

• Sponsors (?)

So besides the BBB, checking with people at local car shows, and touring the shop to see work in progress (or cars just sitting there with 10” of dust), how do you accurately screen a shop? See how they handle a small job or two first?
Better shops will develop a portfolio of satisfied customers with pictures and letters of recommendation from previous customers.

Beyond that ask to talk with previous customers. You’re getting ready to drop a lot of money on them. You want to know if they can do the work.

Reactions: 2 users
Brought the car home today. It isn't 100% but I have had enough with the shop, and it was close enough to being done and driveable.

They never did replace the sunroof seals, the outside mirrors, and one of the fog lights apparently melted from the heat. I also didn't trust them to install the 5.0 badges so they left them off.

No money out of my pocket was spent to bring it home. They didn't even final wash the car but I wasn't waiting any longer. I had been there for 4 hours before the owner showed up so I could discuss the bill and come to an agreement on money.

Also, we got the certificate of occupancy on the house today, so now the finishing touches like the final coat on the wood floors, paint touch up, and cleaning is happening in the next few days.

No pictures of the car at this time, I want to clean it up before that, and fix the issues over the winter. Sunroof panel rebuild, headlights, door seals, fog lights, and random body fasteners that are rusting will get done over the winter.

Here are some of the house interior though...

The floors refinished better than I expected
20201113_162520.jpg
20201113_162318.jpg
20201030_171444.jpg

Reactions: 8 users
I'll get pics as soon as I wash it. It is pretty dirty right now.

I made some concessions on the car too. I had just ran out of patience, and I don't trust the shop to fix some of the issues I saw. There is debris in the paint in some places, they did get the runs out of the paint though. It does look pretty good, but it isn't as nice as it was before the damage.

Well Hell, I’m glad you have it again.

What a freaking nightmare this whole thing has been for you. I’m glad it’s close to you going back to being “normal”.

So when does the turbo install begin? :D

Reactions: 1 user
No turbo, though a nicely built 306 along with a beefier 5 speed is in the plans. That is after everything else is addressed first (and maybe new 17" ponies and rubber) and we are settled back into our normal lives.

It did feel good to drive it again.

Reactions: 2 users