My car overheated, now I have hesitation

BigC3416

Sep 16, 2002
Austin, TX
Like the title says, my car overheated when my radiator developed a crack in it. Got a new radiator but now it hesitates high in the rpms in 3rd gear. What could I have damaged from overheathing that could cause this? Thanks.

Chris

• Sponsors (?)

I just did a compression test on the motor. The compression on the drivers side were all around 120 psi. Then when I got to the #4 plug it was covered in oil. The compression on that cylinder was 180 psi I'm guessing because the oil sealed that cylinder a lot better? Then when I tried the #3 cylinder it spewed coolant through my compression tester. So it would seem its time for at least one new head gasket. But would a blown head gasket cause me to get oil in cylinder #4, or could I have bad rings in that cylinder? And when I take my heads off is there anyway to check them for warping myself or am I going to need to take em to a machine shop? Thanks for the reply.

Chris

if you have a good straight edge you can check the heads for warpage yourself. btw i'm not sure what mods you have done to your car but since you are half tearing it apart anyways seems like the time to do cam or something.