My current project....

98COBRA281

10 Year Member
Nov 24, 2007
Port St. Lucie, Florida
ive always hated cluttered engine bays, and have always wanted to do some work under my hood, the time has come. so the car is getting a few changes, which are:

upr manual master cylinder and adapter plate
power steering delete, which will get rid of the pump, resoivior, and all hydroboost lines)
fuse box relocation in to fender
and a partial wire tuck from the shock towes foward
shave most of the big holes in the fire wall, and smooth out all of the spot welds.
1999+ PBR alunimun dual piston front calipers( lighter and stronger then original 98 single piston steel calipers)
SS front brake lines

heres a few pics to compare to when im done, and of my progress so far, i just sarted today!

DSCN0860.jpg

DSCN0861.jpg

DSCN0862.jpg

DSCN0863.jpg

DSCN0865.jpg

DSCN0866.jpg

DSCN0867.jpg

DSCN0868.jpg

new pics will come as i get the work done!

• Sponsors (?)

That's going to look sick when it's done. Your engine bay is already one of the best looking 2v engine bays I've ever seen.

Good luck.

...and it pays to have a DD when this stuff comes along!

That sucks, but it's all the sweeter when you get to plant the gas for the first time after it's back on the road. Sometimes I want to quit my GT for a while, then I get the urge to hit the bottle...:lol:

What is done about the brakes with the hydroboost setup being gone? Just wondering.

And I have officially halted my desire to make my engine bay look that clean one day. It was hard enough to try and match your current setup, and this is just all out!! Gonna be sweet!

Awesome man, looks great so far. Your engine bay is already one of the cleanest, nicest looking 2V's around. Good luck with this project, look forward to the pics.

It's gonna look good when you get it done. I have been working on mine off and on for a while. My problem is everytime I go to finish up the project I add something else. I started out just pulling the motor to smooth the engine bay and ended up doing this.

DSCN2638.jpg