My FIRST Ford...by a self-proclaimed MOPAR nut!!!

Hey all...I'm new to this Ford thing!!! I just purchased a new project and have no idea where to start!!!

I just purchased a 1988 Mustang Hatchback. It was a 4-cylinder car at one point and now has a 351W under the hood. It will be quite a project, but I am not opposed to that for a second.

By me saying I have no idea where to start only means...where are the most reliable and reasonable places to buy parts??? I have numerous catalogs on the way, but i am looking for some ideas.

I am a MOPAR nut...so I know where to look for those parts. But I have ALWAYS loved the Mustang. While I was growing up, my mom had a 1968 coupe with a 289 and my dad had a 1968 with a 289 Hi-Po with a 3-speed. And I liked the late 80s-early 90s body style of the Mustang as well.

Once the Mustang is done, it will look kind of funny in the garage sitting beside the 1969 RoadRunner, 1964 Polara, 1967 Dart and 1969 Super Bee. But at least there are no BOWTIES in the garage!!!!

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. I don't want this to be the last Ford that I restore!!! I want to have a good experience.

Thanks guys...

Chris

• Sponsors (?)