My first stang!

Question, I removed the upper intake manifold, egr spacer, and the throttle body. My question is, is there a gasket between the manifold and spacer (there seems to be some residual) can't seem to find a gasket online and at the parts store are as confused as i am., spacer and the throttle body?

• Sponsors (?)

here is what I am talking about, before and after

Attachments

• IMG_2906.JPG
    IMG_2906.JPG
    405.1 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_2908.JPG
    IMG_2908.JPG
    187.2 KB · Views: 53
Basic tune up sounds like a great place to start. Mufflers as suggested would be a good way to change the sound without costing a lot of money. You said this is a project. What are your plans? What kind of condition is the car in? Drive the car a little bit and it will decide for you what you are going to work on next.

Plans are to learn as I go. I just had the motor, undercarriage and rag top cleaned pull apart the upper intake, throttle body, valve covers. In the process, I sheared a bolt and had to reverse thread three screws. Car is in good condition but was in a garage for a few years 87-year-old has owned it for the past 25. cleaned all parts ordered gaskets and will be changing plugs and wires and draining and filling fluids. any suggestions for a novice?

Drilling bolts totally out is a last resort imo. You're very liable to mess the threads up if drill to big/at angle. Def.. what rdub6 said. Spray bolts ahead of time w/ anything, Pb blaster sounds good, or starrett m1 spray, wd40. Let that soak overnight..

If channellocks wont fit, i assume they wont. But all you gotta do is break it loose, then work with it. If not, gonna have to drill hole and use a left handed tap. I forgot what its called. But some kind of screw/bolt extractor If you do it with a small tap, it will just break. Really, let someone else answer this that can solve your problem 1st try. Not me. lol.

Idea #2, Could also just pull the lower intake, and buy a new upper and lower stocker if its that much a PITA. But it should be doable with a screw bolt extractor if attacked properly. Research it (google), or wait for better input than i offer.