My Headlights Are Always On When The Ignition Is Switched On.

MustangGuy123

May 14, 2015
Hello,
I own a 2000 V6 Mustang. I have noticed that many mustangs in my model year have their headlights off while they are driving, but for some reason when I start my car the headlights come on, even when I have the switch off. It is just the headlights though. When the headlights are in the off position, the headlights come on, but everything else (taillights,running lights, license plate lights) are off. The parking lights are the only option I have to turn the headlights off, but then my running lights will be on. Does anyone have any ideas on how to turn my headlights off.

• Sponsors (?)

So, I went and took a look at my fuse box diagrams. One is located in the engine bay behind the battery. The other is located under the steering wheel close to the hood lever. They both have the DRL fuse positions and I did find a 15 amp fuse that was in the fuse box under the steering wheel. The problem is, I removed that is in the fuse box under the steering wheel and there is no DRL fuse in the engine bay DRL fuse box position. I turned the car on and the DRL still come on. I have a feeling that if I want to disengage this feature I will have to manually rewire it.