Progress Thread My Kenne Bell Twin Screw'd Foxbody thread, (new addition to the family)

So on my IRS before I went coil over I had stock springs that were cut 1" and I was able to install/remove them in the pockets by unbolting the shock from the LCA which allowed it to drop another 1" or so and get the spring in and out. If they are stock springs... ummmm, good luck.
So you cut 1" off stock springs right? How much of a coil is that? Did it sit right or too low?

• Sponsors (?)

So you cut 1" off stock springs right? How much of a coil is that? Did it sit right or too low?

Looks more like a steeda unit... I cut 1 full coil and it was too low. Not sure how many inches it went down as I never tried the stock height coils. It did sit about a 1/2 inch lower than the front with the Sportline springs up there though.

Looks more like a steeda unit... I cut 1 full coil and it was too low. Not sure how many inches it went down as I never tried the stock height coils. It did sit about a 1/2 inch lower than the front with the Sportline springs up there though.
Ok thanks. I have what looks like stock springs and cut about 3/4 of a cool off and about to lower the rear down to see how it sits.

So I got the rear end mostly together. I installed the stock shocks and springs with about over 3/4 coil cut on each spring. Turns out the shocks I got with the IRS are junk leaving the rear end to just spring up and down. So the verdict is the front is too low and the rear end is too high. I just need to take some time to adjust the coil overs up front and cut about another half coil of the rear. I need to get some new shocks for the back and I'll make sure they are compatible with MM coil overs.

This is how much I cut off the stock Cobra springs
IMG_0175.JPG

How it sits currenty under it's own weight.
IMG_0176.JPG

IMG_0177.JPG

My car needs a bath real bad!

Reactions: 1 users
Not going to lie. I dig the Raked look.:runaway:

If you tell me how,I'll steal your wheel cart design :)
I've been meaning to do a write up. Maybe once I get my car done I'll take some time to do it. I have an AutoCad drawing which I can customize a design to cater each persons tire width and diameter which will provide cut lengths and bill of materials required to make it. I could PDF the drawing and send them out.

So I got the rear end mostly together. I installed the stock shocks and springs with about over 3/4 coil cut on each spring. Turns out the shocks I got with the IRS are junk leaving the rear end to just spring up and down. So the verdict is the front is too low and the rear end is too high. I just need to take some time to adjust the coil overs up front and cut about another half coil of the rear. I need to get some new shocks for the back and I'll make sure they are compatible with MM coil overs.

How it sits currenty under it's own.

My car needs a bath real bad!

Before you cut anymore, bring the front up. Just remember, it's like a steak... You can't uncook it, but you can always cook it more. Make spring cuts small and as a last resort from here. TRUST ME, I know all about that.

Reactions: 2 users
Before you cut anymore, bring the front up. Just remember, it's like a steak... You can't uncook it, but you can always cook it more. Make spring cuts small and as a last resort from here. TRUST ME, I know all about that.
Good thinking, I'll start with raising the front first then move to adjusting the rear.

Good news today, just paid off my F-150!! Monthly Mustang budget just got bigger! :banana:

Reactions: 4 users
Love all the progress . I'm with your original statement though . The wheels just aren't doing it for me either .

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Congrats on paying off your truck. You've made so much progress on your fox too. It won't be to much longer till you have it on the ground.
Thanks. I'm super geeked to get back behind the wheel and do some cruising. I am, however, a little reserved about how stock cut springs and budget shocks are going to perform but the budget is growing for a legit suspension setup for the rear sooner rather than later.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks. I'm super geeked to get back behind the wheel and do some cruising. I am, however, a little reserved about how stock cut springs and budget shocks are going to perform but the budget is growing for a legit suspension setup for the rear sooner rather than later.
I'm curious to see what your thoughts are on how much closer say it drives to newer car characteristics once it's on the road .

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

After market coil spring and quality adjustable shock or MM coil over. Right now there's a set of MM rear coil overs, COP4 with Billy's, lightly used with MM solid top mounts for $700 shipped. Should be able to talk him down a bit more than that. We'll see.

I'm very happy with the decision to go MM C/O front and rear... You'll just need to work out the spring rates and such to match your goals. I did not go with the solid mounts up top though.

I'm very happy with the decision to go MM C/O front and rear... You'll just need to work out the spring rates and such to match your goals. I did not go with the solid mounts up top though.
I did some reading about the MM upper mounts and they're only recommended for dedicated race cars due to the increased NVH. I'll see if I can negotiate that out of the deal.

Also, the coil overs for sale have a 600# rate. What rate did you get?

Have you had passengers in the back with your coil overs? I will often be driving with my twins girls in the back seat so it's important that they perform well with a light load in the back seat when going over bumps.

Just got off the phone with Maximum Motorsports and they do not recommend rear coil overs for my car since my spring rate up front currently is at 175#. They recommend a minimum front coil over rated at 300# in order to run rear c/o's. They suggested I get either stock replacement Bilstien or adjustable shocks.