My Latest Creation

pearlnotchback

5 Year Member
Dec 18, 2011
Tennessee
First of all I have no windshield wipers.
When I had the wiper motor and gear still in my car I removed the wiper arms because I just think they look like crap. I got tired of people asking me where my wipers were so I removed all the wiper gear, welded the wiper hole up in the cowl along with the motor holes in the fire wall. After all this there is one small unfinished detail to deal with. The cowl grill. With the big square squirter and the wiper hole. I looked all over the internet for a solution to this problem and all I found was that cheesy solid sheet metal cover that is available. If you have this and you like it I mean no offense I just look at that big ole cowl grill as being a characteristic of a fox body mustang. So what I did was cut the part of the grill out that had the squirter and wiper hole in it and sectioned in another piece from a destroyed grill I had sitting on a shelf. I beveled out the ends and left about 1/8 gap between the sections and glued it with Fusor 100EZ, sanded it, wiped it with Evercoat, Primed and a painted it. It was damn time consuming but I think it came out rather nice.
IMG_0423.JPG

IMG_0442.JPG

IMG_0445.JPG

IMG_0466.JPG

IMG_0467.JPG

IMG_0469.JPG

IMG_0744.JPG

IMG_0746.JPG

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)