My LX, the jackstand queen, a few pictures - continue bashing me on my timeline

140cilx

Founding Member
Sep 7, 2001
GA
due to the constant ridicule I receive over my longstanding project I took a few pics today at lunch to show you the latest. I do laugh over the ridicule so don't feel bad. Thanks to my junky camera, I could only salvage 4 of those pics. Lemme know if you like them. It's not done yet, so anything you think I should consider, I'll certainly want to know.

Intercooler piping, little wiring here and there, mounting the nitrous solenoids is about all I've got left. Don't know when I'll touch it again though. This weekend is out. :nonono:

http://www.turbocars.org/modules.ph...=95&pic=Closeupturbo.jpg&dispsize=640&start=0

http://www.turbocars.org/modules.ph...=95&pic=Engine011704.jpg&dispsize=640&start=0

http://www.turbocars.org/modules.ph...a=95&pic=FrontBrakes.JPG&dispsize=640&start=0

http://www.turbocars.org/modules.ph...view&a=95&pic=AF&EGT.JPG&dispsize=640&start=0

ok, those are about the worse pics ever, I really need a camera. Anyway, engine is the standard project, I did balance the rotating assembly, shot peened the rod's, all new bearings and seals. Head is ported, 3 angle valve job, RR Cam. Rod's Header, T3/T4 turbo, VAM in inner fender, rotated & gutted upper intake, knifed/ported lower, matched injectors, 3 inch elbow, 3 inch exhaust to y-pipe going to 2.5 duals, LA3, Volvo IC/Permacool 2950 cfm fan, Afco aluminum radiator, MSD 6al & coil, blah blah blah.

Brake work is done w/ 4 wheel discs, Hawk Pads, MM disc's, braided lines, Wildwood Prop Valve, SVO Master Cylinder, little helps like metal shims in place of the rubbers in the calipers - stuff like that.

Got the Panhard Bar in, all the gauges are completed, subframes, G-Brace on the K-member.

Nobodies gonna read this so I won't continue, but nearly everything has been replaced or upgraded but the rack and pinion. Hope it's a good car.

Target date to completion? This year.

• Sponsors (?)

It looks like you just trying to prove to everyone that you actually have another turbo car. :p
Actually it looks great and I can't wait to see how it does.

In the pic of the svo and 140ci what did the guy with the lightning bring?

you found a vent pod that both the boost and the AF guage would fit in??? where?? i can only seem to find a pod that will fit the odd size guages and the AF guage wont fit. What size is that pod and what size are the guages? Both autometers?

Dr.

Hey, you might want to consider putting some spark plugs in that thing. I heard they like to sputter and miss if you don't install them before initial startup :shrug:

I hope you aren't going to run that wimpy looking y pipe on there...looks like you just lost 15 ponies.

Did they machine a stock SVO compressor housing for the 46 trim wheel?

I'll get a 16" "Stinger Rules" sticker headed your way. That Rad/IC cover is begging for it :D

Stinger

Stinger said:
Hey, you might want to consider putting some spark plugs in that thing. I heard they like to sputter and miss if you don't install them before initial startup :shrug:

I hope you aren't going to run that wimpy looking y pipe on there...looks like you just lost 15 ponies.

I'll get a 16" "Stinger Rules" sticker headed your way. That Rad/IC cover is begging for it :D

Stinger
Whoa..Whoa...Whoa!
Whats deal with the 16 rules sticker???? How come I haven't seen that before?

It looks like you just trying to prove to everyone that you actually have another turbo car.

yeah basically, actually that I have worked on it some.

In the pic of the svo and 140ci what did the guy with the lightning bring?

I'll have to look for it to see which Lightning. I did passenger in one at the opentrack down in Talledega, what a blast!

you found a vent pod that both the boost and the AF guage would fit in??? where?? i can only seem to find a pod that will fit the odd size guages and the AF guage wont fit. What size is that pod and what size are the guages? Both autometers?

Dr., that vent pod is the standard autometer 2 5/8" gauge pod. If you'll look close at my pic you'll see I made adapters because I didn't like the size of the big gauge on one side and small gauge on the other, so I took a license plate, flattened it, cut two holes in it, primer'd and painted it, wallah, fit's the smaller guages like the a/f. Looks pretty cool like that imo. It's actually A/F and EGT gauges in there. Boost, Nitrous and Fuel Pressure are on the doorpost.

Hey, you might want to consider putting some spark plugs in that thing. I heard they like to sputter and miss if you don't install them before initial startup

Oh, add another week to the timeline.

Nope, it's gone already, has a nice big 3 incher in there now, much cleaner and straight.

since I don't know crap about trim, compressor maps and other hybridizing stuff, which side does the 46 go on? Hee Hee! :D I don't know where they gathered parts from to build it.

I'll get a 16" "Stinger Rules" sticker headed your way. That Rad/IC cover is begging for it

That'd be cool, it'd match my T-shirt and windshield banner! :D

140cilx said:
since I don't know crap about trim, compressor maps and other hybridizing stuff, which side does the 46 go on? Hee Hee! :D I don't know where they gathered parts from to build it.

Well, it's the compressor (cold side). What I'm saying is it appears to be a stock compressor housing (with the angled inlet and all). They must have machined it to accept the larger T04E 46 Trim compressor wheel so the turbo would still look "stock".

Stinger

:rolleyes: Stinger I was joking, I'm not that bad. BUT...I never did get clarified exactly what it was that I won actually. At the reunion it was sitting atop it's paperwork, but the paperwork never made it's way into my hands. I inquired, but never got anyone from turbospecialties (ugh - they were dropped as a sponsor) or the SVOCA board to ever nail it down other than, "it's the perfect hybrid combo for our SVO's".

Actually, in the back of my mind I wonder if it's gonna be one of those smoke blowing turbo's that many of the members received from TS. We'll see.

140cilx said:
I never did get clarified exactly what it was that I won actually. At the reunion it was sitting atop it's paperwork, but the paperwork never made it's way into my hands. I inquired, but never got anyone from turbospecialties (ugh - they were dropped as a sponsor) or the SVOCA board to ever nail it down

You can still pull the compressor housing off, measure the wheel, and know exactly what you have :shrug:

Just not a priority right now. Time is precious, to many little things to get done and it wouldn't be anything I'd change anyhow for the present. But I'm with you and suspicious and wondering.