My new 04 40th Anniv. Stang

catsfanksu

Mar 6, 2009
Hi! Just got my car 2 days ago with 65k on it. Was repossessed from most recent owner and needs some love. Have a couple things I am hoping someone can help me with. The brake lines have been "redone" leaving them hanging and one partially crimped. Still brakes ok but should probably replace the whole lot. I know AutoZone, O"Reilly's etc have universal brake line but not sure this is the best idea.

Also missing all of the air diverters (vent louvers) from the dash, the hood scoop and the RF quarter panel 40th anniv emblem. Is there some place in particular you would recommend I get these items? I have found the emblem online for about $21.50 but not sure if this is a good price.

I appreciate any help you can give!

catsfanksu

• Sponsors (?)

You can try latemodelrestoration.com for some parts that you need. I know they have some of the vents. Sounds like the old owner was painting some parts when the repo man came.

It is a real 40th in black but the previous owner also did a "touch-up" paint job and I plan to have it completely redone after I get my more pressing issues resolved. The brake lines are my big concern. It looks like they got caught on something and were yanked loose so some genius zip tied them to the frame under the bumper. Should I check salvage for replacement lines or have them made?

It is a real 40th in black but the previous owner also did a "touch-up" paint job and I plan to have it completely redone after I get my more pressing issues resolved. The brake lines are my big concern. It looks like they got caught on something and were yanked loose so some genius zip tied them to the frame under the bumper. Should I check salvage for replacement lines or have them made?

There's no need to have them made. They come pre-made, either at a parts store or the dealer.