my newest project has started

SaleenGT2001

Jul 18, 2005
Four Oaks NC
nothing big so far. i plan on having the IC mounted tonight. i may even go ahead and reclock the blower. anyways this will be about a 2-3 weeks project. hopefully it will be finished before my wedding on sep 9. i gotta leave some nice marks in front of the church. heres a couple of pics.
intercooler001.jpg

intercooler002.jpg

haha, you even get to see my sexy toes!
intercooler003.jpg

intercooler004.jpg

intercooler005.jpg

i have to thank Harold Raynor of Raynor machine works for helping me out. he is a great guy and always helps me out anytime i need it and never charges me a dime! he is the man who did every bit of the cutting.

intercooler006.jpg

check out the access holes, they look like they were there from the factory!

intercooler007.jpg

intercooler008.jpg

intercooler009.jpg

looks like it may hang a little low! i'm gonna have to watch those bumps now!!

intercooler010.jpg

i wanted to see what it would look like with the bumper on......not too bad

Attachments

• intercooler001.jpg
    intercooler001.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 67
  • intercooler002.jpg
    intercooler002.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 61
  • intercooler003.jpg
    intercooler003.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 69
  • intercooler004.jpg
    intercooler004.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 63
  • intercooler007.jpg
    intercooler007.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 58
  • intercooler006.jpg
    intercooler006.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 62
  • intercooler005.jpg
    intercooler005.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 63
  • intercooler008.jpg
    intercooler008.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 62
  • intercooler009.jpg
    intercooler009.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 59
  • intercooler010.jpg
    intercooler010.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 57
  • Sponsors (?)

Hmm, so are you going to cut your bumper? I was going to do that, but I dont think I will now. We would have to cut my grill delete and other things to get any extra air flow :(.

And did you just goahead and pull the foam off? I was, but seen ther was no way to get it to go back on unless we taped it on haha.

And what are you going to do with the power steering cooling line?

why do you need to cut your grill delete for extra flow?? mine wont see air being pushed in at the top , but it will also not be behind a big metal bumper and faom. and yes i am cutting the support BUT i am welding a solid steel 2" rod in the top of the support. it should be stronger than the factory boxed metal stuff. the foam is held in by 2 rivets and a couple of foam sections that stick into the metal bumper support. mine was missing one of the rivets for some reason. i think my car may have been in a slight front end collision before i got it, but that is another story. anyways with the bumper support cut i wont have to move the PS cooling lines.there is plenty of room. as far as putting the foam back on i just plan on sticking those faom tabs into the support that should hold it in condisering the bumper is pressed against it. maybe throw in a couple of zip ties to hold it in place a little stronger. i should have finished pics of the intercooler mounting up tonight.

SaleenGT2001 said:
why do you need to cut your grill delete for extra flow?? mine wont see air being pushed in at the top , but it will also not be behind a big metal bumper and faom. and yes i am cutting the support BUT i am welding a solid steel 2" rod in the top of the support. it should be stronger than the factory boxed metal stuff. the foam is held in by 2 rivets and a couple of foam sections that stick into the metal bumper support. mine was missing one of the rivets for some reason. i think my car may have been in a slight front end collision before i got it, but that is another story. anyways with the bumper support cut i wont have to move the PS cooling lines.there is plenty of room. as far as putting the foam back on i just plan on sticking those faom tabs into the support that should hold it in condisering the bumper is pressed against it. maybe throw in a couple of zip ties to hold it in place a little stronger. i should have finished pics of the intercooler mounting up tonight.

Well my IC is so big that I have to mount it behind the bumper...if I did it the way yours is it would probably be dragging the ground LOL. (seriously) So thats not an option for me :( .

I was wanting to cut the top of the metal bumper and the bottom of my grill delete, then make a plate on the top of the grill delete that forces air down into the IC thats behind the bumper. (Only think that will be showing in my upper grill is solid aluminum...so air will be hitting a wall instead of going through the IC and radiator)

SaleenGT2001 said:
the only differance between your core and mine is the one extra inlet and yours is 1/2" thicker. the overall on mine is 31x12x3 with a 24x12x3 core.

How is yours designed? Is it 18 inches tall? Our cores are simular, but one side is 3.5 and the other is like 2 1/2 making it 18 inches tall. I know that it will drag or be very close to it if I mount it like that. How low is yours going to hang?

mine wont be close to dragging. it should be about even with the bottom of the bumper. BTW if anyone plans on cutting your support you better have some heavy duty equipment. we tried an industrial band saw first and broke 2 blades the milling machine did a good job but would have taken forever. we finally just got out the old reliable torch. that did the trick. it isnt as pretty as i wanted but it worked. i'll have some pics up sometime tomorrow.