my next 2.3T project

SVO1

Lord of The somethin' somethin' somethin', hell, I
Oct 25, 1999
Lord of uh, hmm what was it again?
Figured I would show it here as well. Been a long time since I really was here a lot!

Anyway three weeks ago I Was at a friend's son's 1St b-day party and they forgot their camera so I ran home to grab ours. On the way home I noticed the 88 LX drop top that has sat at the Barber shop up the street had a for sale sign in it. Took a peek and saw the price and knew I had to have it. Told the wife and she was all about it. Drove back by on the way home and bought the stupid thing. I was thinking of a nice quick flip, But Kim loves it and claimed it. Sigh.
Car was from FL when it was new, moved up here and was stored winters. it is so clean underneath. Has a crap-o paint job on it, newer top, and a 2.3/A4ld combo.
Trans leaks (front pump)but it still moves fine. 98K on it, and got it for the pittance of $300 [Smile] Guy also gave me an extra mint nose with lights, a T5, pedal assy, shifter plate,drive shaft and a bunch of other stuff he got for it over the years.

It's going to get a stock 2.3T/auto for the wife to drive around while we build her 80 Notch.

as it looked when I got it home

newvert005.jpg

My daughter Jillian and Wife Kim playing with trying to Buff it

View attachment 220788

paint removal
View attachment 220789

View attachment 220790

The third night we had it Kim was blocking and feathering it, and here I have the fenders fit up and new nose set on it
newvert023.jpg

Got a deal on some ponies for it
newvert021.jpg

Shot the door as a test panel Saturday to make sure Kim liked the color.

newvert026.jpg

newvert027.jpg

And the feature car style wing for it
newvert028.jpg

More to come soon!

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks guys!
Yeah been kind of quiet just working on my stuff and a bunch of other people's stuff.

Tonight I shot the passenger fender& 1/4, tomorrow I will turn it around an start shooting the driver's side. ( god I love shooting solid colors that can be panel painted and match) Have to panel paint it as I have to run the cobra in every night when I get done. More pics to follow tomorrow!

Thanks guys, not much to update, well ok a little.
here is how the vert sits, the door moldings are currently laying flat to get a couple little hiccups out of them
newvert049.jpg

Plus I got sidetracked back onto my Cobra- Got the engine in it, procharger not back on yet, and wiring just roughed into place.
Here was a quick start.
<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid45.photobucket.com/albums/f96/SVO1/cobrastuff/hooptie089.flv">

How did you take the side door moldings off and what are you doing to repair them??
Slight heat with the heat gun and a plastic trim remover chisel.
They had been off the car before and the metal piece was a bit rippled. have them under some 2x4's with weight on top of them to get them to lay flat.

79- If I can think of anything I will let ya know! what do ya have laying around?

Also here is the Cobra running with the procharger, and my Daughter Shelby at the wheel :)

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid45.photobucket.com/albums/f96/SVO1/cobrastuff/hooptie090.flv">

I have injectors and fuel rail off an 88 TC, a non cracked E3 turbo manifold w all the egr stuff, complete spare rotating assembly, stock 86 +84 svo cam with hla's and followers(less then 5000 miles on the 86), spare pulleys, alot of the little nuts, bolts and sensors that seem impossible to find, thats just what I can think of off the top of my head. I have alot of extra stuff and Ive been using my spare bedroom to store car parts and now with a little guy on the way I need to clear out and transform my storage room into a baby room. So I've been trying to find all this stuff a home. Still being a pack rat about my stock SVO top end though, baby is just going to have to deal with that stuff as decoration.