My proof that Bosch O2 sensor's BLOW.....

Blakers01GT

Master of the Clubhead
Founding Member
Sep 21, 2001
Brown Deer, WI
Well, for most of the winter and part of this spring. I had Bosch O2 sensors in, Because I replaced my OEM ford O2's for some Bosch's because my car was running pig rich and was sputtering ALOT, at the time I thought it was faulty O2 sensors. Well that problem turned out to be a bad TPS(throttle position sensor). Well I have long tubes, full exhaust, no cats etc. I had been getting Bank 1 Sensor 1, and Bank 2 Sensor 1 "CKT slow response" codes for a while. I Couldn't figure it out. I reset my ECU several times, and 15-20 miles later the same codes would pop back on. Well about a week ago I realized I still had my OEM ford O2 sensors laying around that I assumed were still ok. I never put them back in, didn't think it would matter what O2's I had in there. Well I swapped them out finally just to see, 50 miles later, no codes, smoother idle! A day later I sent my ECU off to T&J peformance to get it reflashed for a few things and after 150 miles, no codes. So after this, I have come to the conclustion that Bosch O2 sensors just blow! ESPECIALLY if you have long tubes, they don't respond and read how they should. just a heads up, stay away from Bosch.

Blake

• Sponsors (?)

DBMSTNG said:
that's strange, Bosch usually makes quality stuff. were they wideband by chance?

no, I wish I could they could have so I could see how they responded but wasn't gonna waste the money, all I know is putting the original ford O2's solved my problems.

DB, why only running 8 lbs on forged internals? do you plan on going with a smaller pulley anytime soon, because you know you can :jester: :nice:

Blakers01GT said:
no, I wish I could they could have so I could see how they responded but wasn't gonna waste the money, all I know is putting the original ford O2's solved my problems.

DB, why only running 8 lbs on forged internals? do you plan on going with a smaller pulley anytime soon, because you know you can :jester: :nice:

Good question young golfer! Thanks for the heads-up on the sensors.

Blakers01GT said:

it's not that i don't want too, but there were some other things that needed to be done first. (see sig) also, i'll need bigger injectors and fuel pump. i'm tapped financially for now. next year hopefully.

the car Cobra Killer did that had 488rwhp with only a 15psi p1sc, intercooler, h-pipe, and weld in mufflers on forged internals has me really craving more boost. stock heads, stock cams, stock plastic intake.

DBMSTNG said:
it's not that i don't want too, but there were some other things that needed to be done first. (see sig) also, i'll need bigger injectors and fuel pump. i'm tapped financially for now. next year hopefully.

the car Cobra Killer did that had 488rwhp with only a 15psi p1sc, intercooler, h-pipe, and weld in mufflers on forged internals has me really craving more boost. stock heads, stock cams, stock plastic intake.

sweeeet, I hear ya, good luck working towards that, I can't wait to put some serious boost to my forged bottom end :D

This comes a little late but I had a similar problem. I was getting a P0153 code which was the drivers side sensor before the cats. Thought it might be turbulence from a leak because I had a new Bosch sensor from autozone there because i broke the factory one when I changed my x pipe. Swapped the sensors before the cat and the code changed to P0133. Which to me means the code followed the sensor so the sensor is bad. Goin to get a factory one this time and see if it helps. I was told that our cars seem to like the factory sensors more and may not work properly with aftermarket ones. Lets hope, its my only other option and I need to get it inspected.

Blakers01GT said:

Yes,great info! :nice: