my slow 98 needs help

d98gt ive got a friend near the house with a 99 gt w/over 220,000 on the clock and stock and original motor with a 300 wet shot and a tune she yes i said she races it every weak with slicks at our local track here in mooresville. with the slightly modified 3650 trnas. and the same guy that did her stuff told me that i would do just fine sooo...???

• Sponsors (?)

just

The 96-98 GT's get a bad rap because they were alittle down on power. 225hp for the 98s is pretty weak. That number can be greatly improved though it just depends on how fat your wallet is... :D

The GTs got a big bump in hp for 99 when they were rated at 260 hp.

A set of gears will help out bigtime otherwise the PI heads and intake swap will gain you about 45rwhp if I recall correctly.

My wife left on vacation the day after X-mas and was gone for 3 weeks. During that time I installed gears and a 04 Explorer engine, along w/ O/R X pipe, accufab 75mm tb and upper plenum. Stored all this stuff at a friends, and brought it over after she left. I work as a mechanic so I did this myself and just needed her car to get to work!. She drove it yesterday for the first time in a month and she was like "WTF did you do to that car":nono:

I had driven it totally stock for 8 years and wanted to sell it. Well worth the time, money, and effort to fix it up! Oh yeah, I raced a WRX and severely left his azz when I hit 2nd! Slingshot.... engaged!:nice:

they have the whole kit to swap over your 96-98 to the PI heads and intake for $1,300 buy it now. Is this a good deal? also, in that other website posted, it says that it is modified to clear the stock hood, will the e-bay kit clear it too? if not, im planning on getting a 95 cobra r hood, will that clear it if the stock one wont?