My stang wont start

Oldstang88

Apr 9, 2008
texas
My 88 5.0 wont start. I have replace spark plugs, wires, distributer cap, roter, computer, fuel tank, fuel filter, fuel pump, eec relay, Fuel regulator, the car was running then sat for two months out of gas with melted fuel lines so i replaced the fuel line and accidently hooked them up wrong then i got the the right way and it wont start. it cranks and cranks but wont start the spark plugs are firing there is fuel to the rail at good pressure. But it wont start. the engine turns but wont run i have changed and checked everything that i can think of except the ignition itself. any ideas

• Sponsors (?)

no chance it would have moved when you replaced the cap and rotor? How did you mellt the fuel lines? any possibility that a ground wire went with it?

Have you actually checked fuel pressure or did you just squirt some fuel out of the Schrader valve?

Have you pulled a plug very recently? They might be fouled. Be sure the battery is fully charged so you optimize spark quality.

Remember to run the Cranks but No Start checklist if you need to troubleshoot systems.

Good luck.