n00b here, looking to get a 5.0

Matt V

Mar 25, 2007
Hello guys, I'm new to the forums, and to be honest, new to the Foxbody game. A buddy of mine had a nice foxbody a year or two ago, and I'm looking into getting one as well since my other car (Supra) was totaled in an accident. I found one not too far from me and want to know what you guys think of it:

http://austin.craigslist.org/car/296924619.html

Any comments/concerns would be most appreciated.

-Matt

• Sponsors (?)

that owner was a wannab ricer the tips, the cai, keep lookin for a while deff, go look the whole thing over WELL, and basically look for the best stock 5.0 fox you can find, you never know what has been done to one, unless its completely stock. Oh yeah it better be a 5 speed!!! LOL

welcome to Stangnet!!

Josh

Hey Matt V... You're creepin' me out cuz my name is Matt V too and I usually sign pm's with '-Matt' hahaha. What area are you from? That'll give us an idea of what kinda wear problems the cars in the area will most likely have (i.e. rust, faded paint, hillbillies making them into 4x4's etc.)

He means would you be interested in buying a carbureted car. Automatic? :nono: Stay far away from the red automatic stang. Before i bought my stang i thought well i dont really care if its a auto or manual. Now that i picked up my '91 5 speed with 79,xxx i wouldn't ever buy a auto. Your pretty much buying a grandmas car. Or girls car. Stick is so much fun to drive. You'll regret it if you buy a auto

Haha, sorry to be the same as you. :bang:

I'm in Central Texas.

-Matt

Being in central Texas, im going to assume that the majority of the cars you look at will have no rust problems whatsoever. Ask the owners about maintenance history, what times the car runs at the track (This will tell you if he runs it hard), how long he's had it, reason for selling, any accidents/repaints, what mods are on the car (its generally considered to be better to buy stock, since the car was most likely not beaten too badly), check the condition of the oil, check the bushings/balljoints, etc. if you can, make sure you hear it run to listen for any problems, if its a sunroof car, ask to remove the sunroof and check if theres any corrosion or problems there, hmm... thats all I can think of off the top of my head.

EDIT: OH YEAH, and take the advice on the 5-speed... you wont regret it ;)