Fox Na 306 E7te Heads 368hp/363tq

• Sponsors (?)

I could ask why a blower/turbo/363/9.2 deck block when that is the easy way to make power?
dyno%20001_zpsfscw5mkm.jpg

Cheaper. Easier. More power... MUCH more power per cubic dollar would be the answer to that question..

BUT- unique, in a sense of E7 heads making horsepower... agreed. Heck, some people put turbo I6's in fairmonts...:O_o:

BTW, no offence to folks who have gone a different route than I (aka, blower turbo etc in my earlier post).
We all do what we do for our own reasons, and thank goodness... if everyone started building screaming little E7 combos I'd be a little upset LOL!

RangerJoe, no problems, you can speak for me all you like, you get it, as many others do too. Not everyone has to get it. It's ok by me.

There will always be those who point out cubic dollars and it is a valid and very relevant point. For the money I have invested I could easily have a 500+rwhp 363... I mean I've got the block, and had to coin out for light rotating assembly... we all know the cost of working E7's and shaft rocker solid roller setup... I went with an A5 and the chassis is up to the task...
I wanted something unique, nostalgic maybe... when is the last time at a cruise/show you saw a pi$$ed off n/a little 306 let alone one gasping through stock heads?
Around here there is a sea of 600-900hp turbo cars that idle into the show with narly a glance... I roll in with an angry little n/a motor and a crowd gathers. It's fun, and then the age old question... what is it? "oh, just a little 306 with stock heads..." it's fun at the show, and even more so at the track.
It's the perception of doing more with less.

Reactions: 5 users
BTW, no offence to folks who have gone a different route than I (aka, blower turbo etc in my earlier post).
We all do what we do for our own reasons, and thank goodness... if everyone started building screaming little E7 combos I'd be a little upset LOL!

RangerJoe, no problems, you can speak for me all you like, you get it, as many others do too. Not everyone has to get it. It's ok by me.

There will always be those who point out cubic dollars and it is a valid and very relevant point. For the money I have invested I could easily have a 500+rwhp 363... I mean I've got the block, and had to coin out for light rotating assembly... we all know the cost of working E7's and shaft rocker solid roller setup... I went with an A5 and the chassis is up to the task...
I wanted something unique, nostalgic maybe... when is the last time at a cruise/show you saw a pi$$ed off n/a little 306 let alone one gasping through stock heads?
Around here there is a sea of 600-900hp turbo cars that idle into the show with narly a glance... I roll in with an angry little n/a motor and a crowd gathers. It's fun, and then the age old question... what is it? "oh, just a little 306 with stock heads..." it's fun at the show, and even more so at the track.
It's the perception of doing more with less.

I'll tell ya what.. I'm a bang for the buck guy.. and definitely not a person who is about paying more to do less.. but doing something because no one else can do it? That's a mindset I can truly appreciate... Messing with someone's mind just because you can. I dig it!:nice:

I'll tell ya what.. I'm a bang for the buck guy.. and definitely not a person who is about paying more to do less.. but doing something because no one else can do it? That's a mindset I can truly appreciate... Messing with someone's mind just because you can. I dig it!:nice:
I hear you! If I were just a bang for the buck guy I would have just bought a blower lol. Instead I spent nearly an extra grand(if not more) and probably will make less power:( but a power adder can always be applied later. For what cleanlx has done...I get it. I respect it and I like it. Unique and interesting to me but I completely understand where you're coming from.

This is awesome. Coming from someone who kind of blew simple out the window to an extent this thing is pure awesome .

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Reactions: 1 user
there was a comment back there about twin disk that I'd like to cover.
I need a clutch that's going to handle 6000rpm dumps on slicks, but I want for the wife to be able to drive the car too. Since it's really unhappy below 2000rpm, and best above 2200, I needed a clutch that could be easily slipped with no chatter and a light pedal... along with clamping up when playing race car on slicks. Twin was the only "sure" way to achieve it.
It was a real hard decision to pull the trigger on a $700 clutch. but in hindsight, it was one of the best things I did.
Having a nasty little temperamental 306 that the missus can and does drive is pretty cool.
She once met me on the construction site at quitting time... high heels and a dress... you can imagine the scene that created. :).

Reactions: 1 user
there was a comment back there about twin disk that I'd like to cover.
I need a clutch that's going to handle 6000rpm dumps on slicks, but I want for the wife to be able to drive the car too. Since it's really unhappy below 2000rpm, and best above 2200, I needed a clutch that could be easily slipped with no chatter and a light pedal... along with clamping up when playing race car on slicks. Twin was the only "sure" way to achieve it.
It was a real hard decision to pull the trigger on a $700 clutch. but in hindsight, it was one of the best things I did.
Having a nasty little temperamental 306 that the missus can and does drive is pretty cool.
She once met me on the construction site at quitting time... high heels and a dress... you can imagine the scene that created. :).
I don't believe it. Got pics of wife in said high heels and dress?:O_o::nice:

My God, I thought I was tough :poo: running 270rwhp (hasn't been dynoed since I switched to serpentine, e-fan, and EFI, should be higher) through a set of milled, ported, and polished D5AE castings on a 308cid engine with 1.6 roller rockers and a Comp cam, then today I find this thread and realize I've got more work to do...
:crap:

Seriously, 369rwhp through E7TEs? That's freaking awesome! :hail:

What all have you done to the bottom end to support the rpms you're spinning? Mine still hasn't run out of steam when I shift at 6k, but I'm scared to push the block past that for fear of cracking it.

Questions like this can be answered if you actually read the whole thread.....just sayin.
I did read the whole thread, all I saw was the mention of the R block. There's got to be more to it than that. I'm wondering what other parts were used (rods, crank, pistons, rings, bearings) the kind of tolerances being run, etc.

Last edited: