Name my intake!

91LX_5L

Founding Member
May 13, 2002
British Columbia
Ok people have been telling me diffrent stuff about my intake. I thought it was a Motorsport SVO Cobra Intake...

here is some pics
94GTengine.jpg

94GTfA.JPG

Also where does this intake rate...as good as the GT40 better then the normal Cobra or what? I got it polished.

• Sponsors (?)

Yes, the same intake was used on the 94/95 Cobras. The only difference is the intake plaque. The original Cobras had a snake and 'COBRA' lettering on the top where yours says 'Ford Motorsports SVO.'

I am in the process of polishing my Cobra intake. Just out of curiosity how much did they charge to polish the upper? THX

I believe ford changed the plaque to distinguish it from the actual 94-95 cobra intake but it is the same. As far as i know they only made theCobra "Ford Motorsport SVO" intake (like yours) for 94-95's and all 87-93 Cobra intakes had a "Cobra" plaque on it.
Mike

Has that thing been cut open and ported? It sure looks like weld marks on all of the ports. If that's the case that thing should be a stout little performer if the work was done right, and if the effort was taken to cut it open and do it, I'd think it was.

Look at the red arrows, these are what I'm refering to. They look like the intake was cut and welded back together here. This is done on these type of intakes to get access to the upper intake ports for porting. Typically the upper inatake is fine and doesn't need much if any work at all, the lower however can really benefit from a port job.

Attachments

• 94GTengine1.jpg
    94GTengine1.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 159