Narrowing Exhaust Choices

HGFireHazard

Apr 10, 2005
Michigan
What I'm really looking for here is your opinion, and if you happen to have any, some sound clips. I have narrowed it down that I want American Thunder mufflers and an o/r H pipe. What I need a bit of help in is deciding which brand of H and which brand of header, and if I should have shorty or LT. I'm leaning towards LT because of the deeper sound, but I want to hear what you all have to say.

• Sponsors (?)

Alright, since nobody seems to have any advice, let's broaden this up a little bit. Does anyone have a suggestion besides flowmasters? Or you could still answer my original question, either would be equally helpful.

If flowmasters are what you like I believe some sites have sound bites...those are real commom..
I would do LTs myself...they have a sound all there own to me...its debatable on power, but LT's will usually help up top...

I run Spintech Sportsmans and like em....My son has Flows on his truck with a built 400 SB and it really sounds kinda blah to me...him to.. :D He says he wishing it sounded like mine... :D

BBK/Mac are like 50/50 on people who have...good meduim priced stuff....go with ceramic if you have the $$$$ and I would say stick with that brands mid-pipe...I happen to run a Mac Prochamber and love...had a Mac H before that...to old school a sound for me...I wanted a crisper sound ffom my exhaust, hence my choices...

Mufflers are one of the tougher choices to make....Go with your first choice...

Thanks for elaborating on that for me. I went to the Spintech website and found only a couple sound clips of the sportsman series mufflers. From what I heard it sounded hot, but I'm gonna go see what I can find for sound clips on a 94/95 so I can better hear what mine could sound like.

Well here is what my combo will be. It may open up your choices.
BBK ceramic coated headers (ordering soon)
Dr. Gas X pipe (sitting in my bedroom)
SLP Loudmouth Cat-back (currently on my car)
This is my dream combo and its within inches of reach. One more thing IT WILL SCREAM!!!

This should be made a sticky....Chris(DonJohn) put a lot of work into this site which is leaps and bounds better than mustangexhaust or any other exhaust site for 5.0's.....

http://donjohnii.com/Pages/Exhaust_Clips_Page.html

I say go for long tubes just for the sound of them...them have a deep growl/roar to them that shortys dont have. I run bbk ceramic long tubes, bbk off road h, and the flowmaster american thunder catback.

:nice:

here are a few exhaust combos i'm in the middle of deciding between getting this summer:

1)BBK LT's, Dr. Gas o/r X, original 2 chamber flows dumped.

2)BBK Unequal Shorties, Bassani o/r X, Borla XR-1's dumped.

3)BBK LT's, MAC Prochamber, MAC Pro-dumps.

These combos are a little more exotic than your average sound i think.