NE1 heard about PYPES x-pipes?

• Sponsors (?)

go pypes, Mac is always crap, my buddy got a o/r xpipe on his 99GT. The piece was very nice, good qaulity and sounds AMAZING, really changed the sound of the car and it sounds awesome. Havent heard them on a 5.0 but im sure there great. Also look at UPR they have a cheap xpipe, not sure if its good or not but ive heard UPR parts are good.

I'm running a UPR cat'ed X-pipe and Pypes Violator muffs (just finished the install yesterday). I friggin' LOVE the sound. Doesn't drone inside at all - actually, I never knew my Dynomax Super Turbos were causing any interior noise until they were gone - and it's pretty quiet and sedate for the most part during idle and normal driving; at the top-end (above 3k RPM) it gets raspy and crackley like a pair of Spintechs. Sort of like the best of both worlds. The UPR X is pretty similar in design to the Pypes X, although the Pypes brand likely fits better than my UPR unit does (friggin' cats hit the tranny crossmember) and the UPR unit does not have a smog pump tube inlet (which is fine by me, as I don't have a tube going from the smog pump, anyway).

I'm sure these muffs would be a lot louder with an off-road X setup, but I'm happy with them as-is. Pypes has a pretty darn cheap deal going for their off-road X-pipe and Violator cat-back sold as one packaged deal for something like $450...