Need a Clutch Kit/Flywheel/driveshaft setup

I want to get an aluminum flywheel, a clutch kit that is able to handle street and some track/drag use. I dont know what brand to go with. I checked out Fidanza, Centerforce and advanced clutch sites but don't really know who to go with as far as quality, and price. I also need to know what type of aluminum driveshaft to go with for that set up. Now my car is lowered with the H&R supersport springs. About 2 inches all around. I know that the diameter of the driveshaft is a concern. Could anyone help me with this issue? thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Centerforce D/F clutch latest revision with only 9 weights.
Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel. Must install new dowel pins supplied with the Centerforce clutch.
The Fidanza flywheel will save you $300.00 over the comparable Centerforce unit.
I have over 300 runs on this combo with the last 125 being supercharged.
I have 0 issues with this setup.
I have a 4" Powerhouse aluminum driveshaft which may cause issues with your drop.

Wel I am a bit biased since we own McLeod and I am now running their prototype RST clutch with the aluminum flywheel combo and the new coast alum driveshaft. OMG is this thing quick to rev up. I will say though without being biased that the centerforce stuff is very nice, but in our tests doesn't handle much hp over 400. The mass majority of guys running in the NMRA series run McLeod stuff because of its high power capabilities and its nice streetability. Basically, Mcleod stuff usually starts where centerforce, ACT an the others stop..400 hp and up is where McLeod products are really used the most and for track type usage.

Wel I am a bit biased since we own McLeod and I am now running their prototype RST clutch with the aluminum flywheel combo and the new coast alum driveshaft. OMG is this thing quick to rev up. I will say though without being biased that the centerforce stuff is very nice, but in our tests doesn't handle much hp over 400. The mass majority of guys running in the NMRA series run McLeod stuff because of its high power capabilities and its nice streetability. Basically, Mcleod stuff usually starts where centerforce, ACT an the others stop..400 hp and up is where McLeod products are really used the most and for track type usage.

Not to take anything away from McLeod who makes many great clutches but people want combinations that work the first time out.
There are not many people running the McLeod yet and as you have stated the RST is still in the prototype stage.

I'm at 500 rwhp at the moment and I know a few who are running 600 rwhp on the Centerforce D/F without issues.
Justin Burcham is selling a Centerforce DFX setup for 700 rwhp.

I and a few others who jumped on clutch sets early on in the development process ended up spending a bunch of money and lost time working through our issues.
If you are going to purchase through an installing dealer who will warranty the labour if the setup doesn't work right then you're fine.

If the labour is on your dime the Centerforce D/F Clutch and Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel works really well.
The other combo which many are using is the Spec Stage 3+ Clutch along with the Spec Aluminum Flywheel.
There are some who are experiencing a little chatter with this setup. Some have had it go away after break in.

Sure the RST is in the prototype stage and yes I am the only one running it, but their standard street twin has been around a long time and a ton of people are running those. Like I said, centerforce makes great stuff and I would never knock their products, heck in fact I ran several of their kits in previous cars. Just stating we have seen some of their products not work very well with lots of HP are put to them.

Sure the RST is in the prototype stage and yes I am the only one running it, but their standard street twin has been around a long time and a ton of people are running those. Like I said, centerforce makes great stuff and I would never knock their products, heck in fact I ran several of their kits in previous cars. Just stating we have seen some of their products not work very well with lots of HP are put to them.
I know quite a few people on many different boards and I haven't heard of one person using the street twin on an 05+.
There isn't even a listing for the S197 so how can there be a ton of people running them?
What's the part number for the street twin to be used with the S197?
You cannot use the success of a product on previous models and make the assumption that it will work on the S197 which has a hydraulic throwout bearing while past years used a cable operated clutch.
Can you name anyone on any of the mustang forums using one.
I know over 50 people running power adders on S197's and not 1 single person is running a McLeod.

He said he's the only one running it, but others have on the older model cars. My Centerforce set up is nice, but I'd still like to be able to shift faster than it will allow at high rpm's. Can't do a full on speed shift like I'm used to, but it is nicer than most out there.

He said he's the only one running it, but others have on the older model cars. My Centerforce set up is nice, but I'd still like to be able to shift faster than it will allow at high rpm's. Can't do a full on speed shift like I'm used to, but it is nicer than most out there.

Hey Anthony,
The way he answered the question is misleading.
It says that he is the only one running the RST then he goes on to say that there are a ton of people running the street twin with no mention that it is not on S197's.
It is of no use to us if the street twin is being used on Camaros.

He could have simply stated that McLeod has no product currently on the market for the S197 but that he is in the process of testing the RST which will be out shortly.

He should be in politics.

keep the sales pitch out of this thread please. information directly from the manufacturer about an upcoming product is not allowed in the discussion forums. if you would like the sponsor the forums and pay for your advertising, please visit http://www.drive9.com/