Need a little help with pushrod length please

ian8950

Dec 12, 2020
Chico, CA
Hello everyone, I'm having some trouble getting the correct pushrod length and could use a little advice. my current setup is as follows:

Edelbrock 7122 Cam Lift .496/.520
Edelbrock Performer Intake
Edelbrock E-Street heads part number 5023
Comp Cams Roller Rockers 1.6 ratio
Fel-pro head gaskets Part Number 1011 (I believe these are the standard thickness)
Engine Bored .30 over but this shouldn't matter - including for completeness' sake

I obviously need to purchase new hardened pushrods for this, but I'm having a hard time finding what size. I ordered and received a length checker/tester rod but the nuts on it will not fit through the pre installed guideplates on the heads so I cannot use it. Except for ordering several pushrods of varying lengths to test does anyone have this setup or have any other ways for me to measure my pushrod length? I have a set of stock hardened pushrods that I ordered before realizing that I might need a different length - these show 6.80 as a length.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Hello everyone, I'm having some trouble getting the correct pushrod length and could use a little advice. my current setup is as follows:

Edelbrock 7122 Cam Lift .496/.520
Edelbrock Performer Intake
Edelbrock E-Street heads part number 5023
Comp Cams Roller Rockers 1.6 ratio
Fel-pro head gaskets Part Number 1011 (I believe these are the standard thickness)
Engine Bored .30 over but this shouldn't matter - including for completeness' sake

I obviously need to purchase new hardened pushrods for this, but I'm having a hard time finding what size. I ordered and received a length checker/tester rod but the nuts on it will not fit through the pre installed guideplates on the heads so I cannot use it. Except for ordering several pushrods of varying lengths to test does anyone have this setup or have any other ways for me to measure my pushrod length? I have a set of stock hardened pushrods that I ordered before realizing that I might need a different length - these show 6.80 as a length.
Here's a couple pictures, i coated the nub with graphite, attached the rocker and turned the engine by hand two rotations. Line is the contact point. Does this look good? First time doing this

Attachments

• 20201212_170550.jpg
    20201212_170550.jpg
    331.4 KB · Views: 78
  • 20201212_173047.jpg
    20201212_173047.jpg
    320.9 KB · Views: 79