need a new transmission guys help plz

stanggt00

Jul 16, 2003
baltimore md
ok guys some time ago i noticed a ticking sound coming from my tranny the noise increased when every i touched the gas but kinda subsided when the gas was not presses anyways

i was driving the car a little hard yesterday then i started to hear a much different sound

just like the noise i was hearing when i pressed the gas but this time it sounded louder and more metal like

from under the car i can hear the noise in my transmission so i am sure its not the motor

motor rev's fine no lost of power is noticed

but that noise is loud as hell when i am driving so i have parked the car for now

what i need to know is my car is a 2000 mustang gt when tranny do i need to go with (keeping in mind i do have a blower on the car)

also is there any placed that have good deals on trannys or am i stuck with paying 2500 bucks for one :shrug:

thxs guys

• Sponsors (?)

If you are mechanically inclined, pull ur trans out and rip it apart. If your'e getting a new trans anyway, wouldn't hurt to check for yourself and learn about ur trany internals. Maybe you can fix the problem that way. But i dont quite know what your problem is. I'd have to hear more about it i think. Aftermarket shifters make a lot of noise too ya know (im sure its not that, just saying it could be other things)

Maybe its a pilot bearing problem? (which would be random...but im just throwing things out there) :shrug:

i have installed superchargers and longtubes uper intakes and fuel pumps,suspension and brakes but i have never touched a transmission not even sure how it works

so i will need to go to a shop for this

if i do need a new tranny what is a good upgrade for the stock tranny

and what am i looking at money wise

thxs

Mine started making all kinds of racket a couple weeks ago. Likes to rattle a little on cold start and then whine when you drive it. I am not the most mechanically inclined person so I am going to have a shop yank it. I decided for the money, $1400 is what they wanted to rebuild it with some upgraded bits, to have them do a T56 swap. Got a quote from them today for just over $3k including all the parts and labor.

6 speed FTW!

View attachment 442200

that is the old T5 Mustang Trans, found in the 90-95 Stangs (maybe even late 80s too, i forget).

Anyway its not too complicated. I'd imagine our T3650 has a bit more internal components (like shift stops that the T5 doesn't have) and things of that nature, but it shouldn't be too complicated for you if you wanted to rip it apart and take a look. If you're planning on a new trans anyway, it wouldn't matter if you take it apart and couldn't figure out how to put it back together.