Paint and Body Need a part for my sunroof, hard to find

dbix11

Aug 17, 2021
Western Mass
Looking for the "tab" (idk what to call it) that attaches to the top of the glass. Enclosed is a pic with the circled item in orange. Need help identifying what that is so i can search for it better. I dont see myself dropping 100+ dollars for that kit anytime soon.

Attachments

• part.png
    part.png
    147 KB · Views: 60
  • Sponsors (?)

Looking for the "tab" (idk what to call it) that attaches to the top of the glass. Enclosed is a pic with the circled item in orange. Need help identifying what that is so i can search for it better. I dont see myself dropping 100+ dollars for that kit anytime soon.
Let me look, I have some spare parts from my sunroof kit.

Reactions: 2 users
I just searched for them not too long ago.

The part numbers for the bracket assembly are:

E1DZ-6653712-A (right side)
E1DZ-6653713-A (left side)

However, they are discontinued. A couple NOS units pop up here and there on ebay but i haven't seen any in a while. Sometimes they are complete, and other times they lack the parts you need.

Unfortunately it looks like your only options are that overpriced kit, or find a set used.

Reactions: 1 users
Perhaps you can find a suitable substitute someplace like Lowe's or Tractor Supply. You may have to bite the bullet and use round bolts with big washers and cake them with silicone, or perhaps a rubber washer will do.

Anyone coming to this thread in the future:

I was able to strike a dark bargain with General karthief and he delivered by sending the parts I needed. Unfortunately, it's hard to find JUST this part for sale on the internet at this time. The only options are probably a junkyard or a complete sunroof kit.

Godspeed and Good luck

Reactions: 1 user