Need a picture....

Str8Kr4zy

Jun 30, 2004
Oklahoma
I'm needing a picture of the powersteering pump installed, in particualar the bolts and lines going into the pump. Mine was removed and I dont remember AT ALL, how the bracket reassembles, its a two piece assembly.

:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

Power steering brackets?

It may be hard to see, however, the two small brackets that you are trying to identify may be the ones located inside the red circled area. I looked at several pictures and this is the first one that I found, which shows brackets similar to yours in the back of what appears to be the power steering hose. Hope this helps. Good luck, Tommy.

Attachments

• 1997 GT Mustang 4.6L engine with red circle for emailing.jpg
    1997 GT Mustang 4.6L engine with red circle for emailing.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 59
Thanks Tommy but unfortunately that doesn't help... :shrug:

Here is what and where i'm having my problems...

This hard line goes into the larger threaded hole on the left, then a longer bolt goes through the smaller rusted hole and holds a two piece bracket.

str8kr4zy-albums-timing-cover-reassembly-picture3892-ps.jpg

I love PAINT!

str8kr4zy-albums-timing-cover-reassembly-picture3897-bracket-crap.jpg

str8kr4zy-albums-timing-cover-reassembly-picture3898-powersteering-bs.jpg

If someone could just jack up their 2001-2004 stang gt and take a picture of the power steering pump underside...that would be sooo friggin awesome!

Just use the other 3 bolts and SKIP the bracket. Its not important and just gets in the damn way. I cut my bottom bolt behind the line as I didn't want to jack with it. Been going strong for a few thousand miles and no issues.