Need A Quick Answer On Differences With Ball Joints And Control Arms After Doing 5 Lug Swap

92Apocalypso

Mar 7, 2017
gentleman,

I'm working on the LX right now. as previously mentioned in another thread, I snapped a ball joint. i ordered moog 92 mustang lower control arms with ball joints already in them..... car has a 5 lug conversion. up front has 99-04 calipers, and I believe I have 94-95 spindles. I'm curious if I ordered the correct lower control arm if I'm using 94-95 spindles. moog part number rk622130. thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

If you are using fox ball joints then you need a spacer. Otherwise, just press in sn95 joints. I rebuilt my stock arms with moog sn ball joints and polyurethane bushings when I did my 5 lug.

If you are using fox ball joints then you need a spacer. Otherwise, just press in sn95 joints. I rebuilt my stock arms with moog sn ball joints and polyurethane bushings when I did my 5 lug.

do you have any other information on the spacer?? I ordered the lower control arms with ball joints because I didn't have access to a press, or I would have just ordered ball joints. thanks for any Information

All you are doing is this.

IMG_2309.JPG

Reactions: 1 user
All you are doing is this.

IMG_2309.JPG
super helpful man. thanks. i would prefer to get a single piece like that photo, but that's unlikely I'll find that. will have to get a bunch and stack them like suggested.... previous owner didn't do that m, and that's why the damn castle but blew through the ball joint threads.... the driver side castle but wasn't even hand tight. only a matter of time

How quickly do you want to get this done?

IMG_2311.JPG

I could send you a pair, but issue is I don't have a good padded envelope to ship in and have a busy Wed-Thur coming up.

I don't want to keep you down for potentially 1-2 weeks though

Reactions: 1 users

IMG_2311.JPG

I could send you a pair, but issue is I don't have a good padded envelope to ship in and have a busy Wed-Thur coming up.

you're the man, I appreciate that offer. however, i hope to not have it down that long. I'm at my buddies mercy. car is at his shop. if I can't locate anything like it, I may use washers temporarily, and maybe I'll buy a pair off of you and put them on thr car next time i am working around there.

IMG_2311.JPG

I forgot to mention, that we had to cut one of the A arm bolts, so I have to find one of those also.... I'm hoping I can find a place around here that has both