Need an exhaust system for a 76

Status
Not open for further replies.

76mustang

Apr 11, 2006
Hi,
I just got my Daughter a 76 ghia with a 2.8 V6
It needs a new exhaust system. The local muffler shop told me the alot of the parts needed are no longer avaliable. Does anyone know where or how to get a new exhaust for this car.
Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

76mustang said:
Hi,
It needs a new exhaust system. The local muffler shop told me the alot of the parts needed are no longer avaliable. Does anyone know where or how to get a new exhaust for this car.
Thanks

I don't understand... ANY real muffler shop shouldn't have a problem building you a new system. If your municipality requires catylatic converters, just get an aftermarket pair, same with the mufflers. I had dual exh put on my '78 V6 car and even had the pipe custom bent to go around the back of the gas tank to equally separate the exiting pipes. (like the typical dual exhaust looks)
Another source is a wrecking yard. There was alot of V6 cars that came with dual exhaust (as well as single) that are still in yards. :nice:

Specifically... What parts need replacing? this really shouldn't be a problem.

76mustang said:
Hi,
Thanks

go to a midas!!! i had a custom exhaust placed on my caddy. dual exaust w/ 3" pipes. they had no trouble with what i wanted, shouldn't be any problem with yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.