Need Exhaust Advice

Jason Sciartilli

Dec 23, 2016
Hey guys, looking for some options & advice. Have a 05 GT convertible, currently have stock manifold, Mid pipe and SLP axle backs. Love the sound of the SLP’s. Recently I was able to pick up of pypes O/R H pipe for an insane price, brand new still in box, kid need the money for school. The H pipe still sitting in my garage. Anyway, after researching I have been reading of how god awful loud a O/R H & slp combo is. People compared it to air plane 5 feet over your head. I’m not one for waking the dead... but I want that nice growl. I know an H pipe delivers min HP. What should I do?

-Sell the H pipe keep slp on

-Put on H pipe and look for another axle back? If so what is recommended to give good growl and be heard a block away but not 3 blocks- haha

- put on H pipe and go find Factory mufflers which are everywhere and cheap.

Thanks for you advice.

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the advice, I think I jump quickly on the H pipe without really thinking about it (hence why it’s still sitting the box). I really don’t want to spend more money on a whole axle back so maybe finding a cheap factory mufflers might be the trick.
The slps do not sound good with an or h. IMO, the frpp stingers or borla works well with the or h and it does trumpet, drone interior.

You are correct the or h and slps sound like :poo:, tried them for less than a week and sold off the slp. The gta mufflers or pypes has an axle back that also sounds decent with that or h.
Also, removing the factory catted pipes will wake up your exhaust a bit.

Try the factory mufflers with the or h, think you will enjoy it